Gas Prices

Moderators: HopefulSSer, admin

ryanbp01
Platinum Member

Gas Prices

Post by ryanbp01 »

Just saw gas prices around here today went to $4.17-4.19 per gallon. What is it where you live?

BPR
jcraigie
Platinum Member

Post by jcraigie »

$3.98 to $4.15 in two hours. I don't usually complain about gas prices because lets face it I'm not walking to work so I have to buy it, so whats the point in complaining aobut it but... what the HELL! :mad:
1984 Mark V 500 and an early 1954 greenie. jointer, belt sander, bandsaw, jigsaw, planner.

Jeff
taters
Bronze Member

Post by taters »

$3.57 in Montana
terrydowning
Platinum Member

Post by terrydowning »

$4.25 + here in So Cal
Of course that includes .18 per gal state tax + sales Tax which in LA county is currently 9.75%

So take the state and local taxes out and it comes down to around $4.10 or per gallon.

So I guess it's in line with everyone else.....
--
Terry
Copy and paste the URLs into your browser if you want to see the photos.

1955 Shopsmith Mark 5 S/N 296860 Workshop and Tools
https://1drv.ms/i/s!AmpX5k8IhN7ahFCo9VvTDsCpoV_g

Public Photos of Projects
http://sdrv.ms/MaXNLX
robinson46176
Platinum Member

Post by robinson46176 »

One of the Indy TV news reporters asked a station owner in Indy why he raised his gas prices to the level he did. His reply was "because the station across the street did"... :rolleyes:

--
farmer
Francis Robinson
I did not equip with Shopsmiths in spite of the setups but because of them.
1 1988 - Mark V 510 (bought new), 4 Poly vee 1 1/8th HP Mark V's, Mark VII, 1 Mark V Mini, 1 Frankensmith, 1 10-ER, 1 Mark V Push-me-Pull-me Drillpress, SS bandsaw, belt sander, jointer, jigsaw, shaper attach, mortising attach, TS-3650 Rigid tablesaw, RAS, 6" long bed jointer, Foley/Belsaw Planer/molder/ripsaw, 1" sander, oscillating spindle/belt sander, Scroll saw, Woodmizer sawmill
jcraigie
Platinum Member

Post by jcraigie »

robinson46176 wrote:One of the Indy TV news reporters asked a station owner in Indy why he raised his gas prices to the level he did. His reply was "because the station across the street did"... :rolleyes:

Now that I believe. No real reason just because:rolleyes:
1984 Mark V 500 and an early 1954 greenie. jointer, belt sander, bandsaw, jigsaw, planner.

Jeff
jm51
Gold Member

Post by jm51 »

UK prices are about $7.60 per US gallon.
john
Platinum Member

Post by john »

Just feel lucky you aren't north of the border!

Today's prices at $1.359 per litre is equivalent to about 5.13 per U.S. gallon.:( That's actually down from the $5.43 it was a week ago. :)

John
pennview
Platinum Member

Post by pennview »

Gas prices were under $2.00 a gallon in January 2009 and have moved upward ever since. Now if we'd just start increasing production of U.S. oil, instead of putting our oil resources off limits, we'd see prices falling.

We hear excuses like "there's no quick fix," and nothing gets done. We heard that same story ten years ago and had they expanded oil production then, we'd see lower gas prices today.

There's oil off the east coast, off the west coast, in Alaska, in the Gulf of Mexico, and out West in the form of oil shale, but politicians would rather see American wealth transferred to OPEC than create jobs here.

And we keep sending the same jokers back to Washington. Maybe we deserve high oil prices.
Art in Western Pennsylvania
swampgator
Platinum Member

Post by swampgator »

And, the report out today of how much profit they made from us. I'm retired, but can't afford to pay for health insurance, doc visits and wife's PT and buy gas. So, will be going just a bit off the beaten path to do anything else. The tires are just going to have to dry rot. :(
Steve, the old Florida gator

I just love it when she says I can go make sawdust. ;) :D