Shopsmith DEMO

Create a review for a woodworking tool that you are familiar with (Shopsmith brand or Non-Shopsmith) or just post your opinion on a specific tool. Head to head comparisons welcome too.

Moderators: HopefulSSer, admin

chucks
Gold Member

Post by chucks »

JPG40504 wrote:Ah but SA is further away from 'Montana'?(Mike Young base). Do keep the faith though!
I do believe your correct. Here's the link

http://www.myhomeworkshop.com/Shows.html

Seems like Mesa and would you believe Tucson is on the list.
Chucks in Phoenix Mark V(5), Mark VII(2),Power Pro, Planer, Crafter Station, Jointer,Bandsaw(3),Lathe Duplicator,Belt Sander,Jig Saw,DC3300(2),"Sears Router Crafter", Post Drill, Stand alone Overarm Router. Jointmatic ++++,
dusty
Platinum Member

Post by dusty »

chucks wrote:I do believe your correct. Here's the link

http://www.myhomeworkshop.com/Shows.html

Seems like Mesa and would you believe Tucson is on the list.

Thank you for that link. Lowes, Tucson - January 26,27 and 28th. Perfect. Close to a couple good places to refuel. I can stay all day, MAYBE.
"Making Sawdust Safely"
Dusty
Sent from my Dell XPS using Firefox.
fjimp
Platinum Member

Post by fjimp »

I note they have space reserved at the Denver Home show in February as well as other Lowes stores in the area. Clearly this indicates a new day and aggressive marketing. Jim
F. Jim Parks
Lakewood, Colorado:)

When the love of power is replaced by the power of love the world will have a chance for survival.
wiredone
Gold Member

Post by wiredone »

Seems like they skip California on purpose. I don't blame them, there's probably more taxes and fees involved. Who knows?
Bummer, I just can't justify driving 4 hours each way to see something I can't afford anyway. Last time I went to a demo (1984) I bought a new mark 5.
www.wirewerkes.com
Hiding in a Joshua Tree.
damagi
Platinum Member

Post by damagi »

wiredone wrote:Seems like they skip California on purpose. I don't blame them, there's probably more taxes and fees involved. Who knows?
Bummer, I just can't justify driving 4 hours each way to see something I can't afford anyway. Last time I went to a demo (1984) I bought a new mark 5.
You could send an email to mike young and ask him if they will come eventually (or why not). Also, if you are wanting to buy one through him (I suggest while he is at an oregon location), then I am sure he can make that happen.
Mark 7, Pro Planer, Jointer, Bandsaw w/Kreg, Biscuit Joiner, Belt Sander, Jig Saw, Ringmaster, DC3300, Overarm Pin Router, Incra Ultimate setup

JWBS-14 w/6" riser, RBI Hawk 226 Ultra, Bosch GSM12SD Axial Glide Dual Compound Miter Saw

-- I have parts/SPTs available, so if you are in the Seattle area and need something let me know --
damagi AT gmail DOT com
JPG
Platinum Member

Post by JPG »

damagi wrote:You could send an email to mike young and ask him if they will come eventually (or why not). Also, if you are wanting to buy one through him (I suggest while he is at an oregon location), then I am sure he can make that happen.
Is he selling from the 'medicine wagon' or taking orders to be shipped from OH?
╔═══╗
╟JPG ╢
╚═══╝

Goldie(Bought New SN 377425)/4" jointer/6" beltsander/12" planer/stripsander/bandsaw/powerstation /Scroll saw/Jig saw /Craftsman 10" ras/Craftsman 6" thicknessplaner/ Dayton10"tablesaw(restoredfromneighborstrashpile)/ Mark VII restoration in 'progress'/ 10
E[/size](SN E3779) restoration in progress, a 510 on the back burner and a growing pile of items to be eventually returned to useful life. - aka Red Grange
fjimp
Platinum Member

Post by fjimp »

JPG40504 wrote:Is he selling from the 'medicine wagon' or taking orders to be shipped from OH?
At the Demo in Aurora CO all orders were shipped from OH! I find skipping CA strange. I remember hearing several years ago that more Shopsmith's were sold in CA than anywhere. Wait does that mean that everyone in CA already has their quota?:confused::eek::D Jim
F. Jim Parks
Lakewood, Colorado:)

When the love of power is replaced by the power of love the world will have a chance for survival.
damagi
Platinum Member

Post by damagi »

JPG40504 wrote:Is he selling from the 'medicine wagon' or taking orders to be shipped from OH?
Everything ships from corporate. Hence why buying in oregon makes sense. When he is in a state, standard retail sales rules apply (ie: sales tax). You still pay freight to your house. He is able to offer a discount, but depending on your tax rate it may end up being a wash. Certain states have different sales tax rules, or no sales tax at all :cool:
Mark 7, Pro Planer, Jointer, Bandsaw w/Kreg, Biscuit Joiner, Belt Sander, Jig Saw, Ringmaster, DC3300, Overarm Pin Router, Incra Ultimate setup

JWBS-14 w/6" riser, RBI Hawk 226 Ultra, Bosch GSM12SD Axial Glide Dual Compound Miter Saw

-- I have parts/SPTs available, so if you are in the Seattle area and need something let me know --
damagi AT gmail DOT com
greitz
Gold Member

Post by greitz »

Unless I'm missing something, I don't think he's skipping California, he just hasn't made it that far south yet. I'm hoping for June....

Gary
JPG
Platinum Member

Post by JPG »

greitz wrote:Unless I'm missing something, I don't think he's skipping California, he just hasn't made it that far south yet. I'm hoping for June....

Gary

San Antonio is 'north' of CA?;) I fergit he hasn't been there yet

You best hope he is going clockwise!:D Actually it appears he does not like to cross the southern rockies.

Deserts in Jan, then up to CO and into OR and WA.

Maybe the next loop will be west of the rockies! Wonder how close to the mississippi river he will get?

SA does not look soon ;>(
╔═══╗
╟JPG ╢
╚═══╝

Goldie(Bought New SN 377425)/4" jointer/6" beltsander/12" planer/stripsander/bandsaw/powerstation /Scroll saw/Jig saw /Craftsman 10" ras/Craftsman 6" thicknessplaner/ Dayton10"tablesaw(restoredfromneighborstrashpile)/ Mark VII restoration in 'progress'/ 10
E[/size](SN E3779) restoration in progress, a 510 on the back burner and a growing pile of items to be eventually returned to useful life. - aka Red Grange