Shopsmith DEMO

Create a review for a woodworking tool that you are familiar with (Shopsmith brand or Non-Shopsmith) or just post your opinion on a specific tool. Head to head comparisons welcome too.

Moderators: HopefulSSer, admin

JPG
Platinum Member

Post by JPG »

ryanbp01 wrote:Yes you can!

BPR
Very Encouraging!!!
╔═══╗
╟JPG ╢
╚═══╝

Goldie(Bought New SN 377425)/4" jointer/6" beltsander/12" planer/stripsander/bandsaw/powerstation /Scroll saw/Jig saw /Craftsman 10" ras/Craftsman 6" thicknessplaner/ Dayton10"tablesaw(restoredfromneighborstrashpile)/ Mark VII restoration in 'progress'/ 10
E[/size](SN E3779) restoration in progress, a 510 on the back burner and a growing pile of items to be eventually returned to useful life. - aka Red Grange
ryanbp01
Platinum Member

Post by ryanbp01 »

I believe the demonstrator will/may be Dave Folkerth from what I gathered at the Ft. Wayne Demo.

BPR
JPG
Platinum Member

Post by JPG »

ryanbp01 wrote:I believe the demonstrator will/may be Dave Folkerth from what I gathered at the Ft. Wayne Demo.

BPR
I be curious how "Dave" is related to Bob and John(RIP)?
╔═══╗
╟JPG ╢
╚═══╝

Goldie(Bought New SN 377425)/4" jointer/6" beltsander/12" planer/stripsander/bandsaw/powerstation /Scroll saw/Jig saw /Craftsman 10" ras/Craftsman 6" thicknessplaner/ Dayton10"tablesaw(restoredfromneighborstrashpile)/ Mark VII restoration in 'progress'/ 10
E[/size](SN E3779) restoration in progress, a 510 on the back burner and a growing pile of items to be eventually returned to useful life. - aka Red Grange
ryanbp01
Platinum Member

Post by ryanbp01 »

Brother and son, respectively.
BPR
audir10
Gold Member

Post by audir10 »

Does Mike Young sell the DIY upgrades at his demo's or just the new headstocks?
chucks
Gold Member

Post by chucks »

Surprise! Didn't think that they would be in this part of the country anytime soon.

The Shopsmith PowerPro® Upgrade / Mark 7
Demonstration & Factory-Direct Sale Will Be Coming To A Lowe's Home Improvement Center Near You !

Lowe's of Peoria AZ
8497 W Thunderbird Rd
Peoria, AZ 85381

Thursday January 12, 2012 Through Saturday January 14, 2012

Hours: 10:00am to 7:00pm
Chucks in Phoenix Mark V(5), Mark VII(2),Power Pro, Planer, Crafter Station, Jointer,Bandsaw(3),Lathe Duplicator,Belt Sander,Jig Saw,DC3300(2),"Sears Router Crafter", Post Drill, Stand alone Overarm Router. Jointmatic ++++,
fixit
Gold Member

Post by fixit »

Perhaps there is hope we may see a demo in San Antonio after all! Phoenix is farther from Dayton than SA so maybe they will stop in here on the way home. I for one sure hope so.
----------------------------------------
Leonard
La Vernia, TX
Wood Goods - Custom Woodwork
EMAIL: woodgoods "at" lavernia "dot" net
PowerPro 520, PowerPro 500 (was my father's 500), SS jointer, SS Mark V mount planer, SS bandsaws (2), belt sander, scroll saw, SS jig saws (2), strip sander, Jointech system, 12" Delta Compound Miter Saw, a small collection of routers, a router table and a Delta Unisaw. All in a 24' x 24' shop.
JPG
Platinum Member

Post by JPG »

fixit wrote:Perhaps there is hope we may see a demo in San Antonio after all! Phoenix is farther from Dayton than SA so maybe they will stop in here on the way home. I for one sure hope so.
Ah but SA is further away from 'Montana'?(Mike Young base). Do keep the faith though!
╔═══╗
╟JPG ╢
╚═══╝

ldh
Gold Member

Post by ldh »

chucks wrote:Surprise! Didn't think that they would be in this part of the country anytime soon.

The Shopsmith PowerPro® Upgrade / Mark 7
Demonstration & Factory-Direct Sale Will Be Coming To A Lowe's Home Improvement Center Near You !

Lowe's of Peoria AZ
8497 W Thunderbird Rd
Peoria, AZ 85381

Thursday January 12, 2012 Through Saturday January 14, 2012

Hours: 10:00am to 7:00pm

Stick your handle/avatar on your hat when you attend the demo and perhaps we can all swap some SS info.

ldh
fjimp
Platinum Member

Post by fjimp »

ldh wrote:Stick your handle/avatar on your hat when you attend the demo and perhaps we can all swap some SS info.

ldh
I don't think you need be concerned about finding one another the instructor seems to be able to spot current owners a mile away. He loves your input and it's neat to meet other owners and swap info. Jim
F. Jim Parks
Lakewood, Colorado:)

When the love of power is replaced by the power of love the world will have a chance for survival.