Server not found AGAIN...

Moderators: HopefulSSer, admin

robinson46176
Platinum Member

Server not found AGAIN...

Post by robinson46176 »

OK, this is just getting silly... I am now at the point where I can only get on here about 30% of the time or less when I try. I spend a "LOT" of time on-line and this shopsmith dot net is the "ONLY" site that is doing this. I have tried 3 different computers (with 4 different operating systems) and so far I have tried with Firefox browser on 3 of them and Sea Monkey and Epiphany as well on this one and Firefox and Opera on another one.
Repeating... I only get that error on THIS site. It has about reached the point that it just isn't worth the bother. Sometimes I can get on shopsmith dot com but not shopsmith dot net.
The only way I ever get on is just keep trying later and eventually without changing a thing it will work...
AAAAARRRRRRGGGGG!!!!!! :mad:
--
farmer
Francis Robinson
I did not equip with Shopsmiths in spite of the setups but because of them.
1 1988 - Mark V 510 (bought new), 4 Poly vee 1 1/8th HP Mark V's, Mark VII, 1 Mark V Mini, 1 Frankensmith, 1 10-ER, 1 Mark V Push-me-Pull-me Drillpress, SS bandsaw, belt sander, jointer, jigsaw, shaper attach, mortising attach, TS-3650 Rigid tablesaw, RAS, 6" long bed jointer, Foley/Belsaw Planer/molder/ripsaw, 1" sander, oscillating spindle/belt sander, Scroll saw, Woodmizer sawmill
mickyd
Platinum Member

Post by mickyd »

Your not alone farmer. Same thing with me. Happening more often than in the past. Like you, I just try back later.
Mike
Sunny San Diego
reible
Platinum Member

Post by reible »

Hi,

I'm not seeing this at all... so if we are to believe it is a shopsmith problem then shouldn't we all be seeing this?????

I am on and off here sometimes as many as maybe 20 times while other days it maybe be only 10 times and well of course sometime I'm not here for days/weeks/months. Some times I leave the tab set here and other times I close it and have to use a bookmark to return... and over the last while I have been checking in a fair amount since I working in my computer room a great deal.

So I wonder what common item ties those with problems together and what is missing from the ones of us who are not seeing the problem.

For the last 6 weeks or so I have changed my DNS server to test the google set up. Just this last while I'm seeing some problems with the 8.8.8.8 in both reliability and speed. Anyway just to see if anything happens different for me I will be moving to a different set today for more testing.

Ed
{Knight of the Shopsmith} [Hero's don't wear capes, they wear dog tags]
fjimp
Platinum Member

Post by fjimp »

Interesting. I haven't had much luck getting on more than a few minustes each day for several days. Has anyone visited with Shopsmith in this regard? I suspect I will try Monday. Jim
F. Jim Parks
Lakewood, Colorado:)

When the love of power is replaced by the power of love the world will have a chance for survival.
dusty
Platinum Member

Post by dusty »

I have been having the problem on and off for about two (maybe three) weeks. My experiences are the same as described here. Some times it comes up and some times NO.

Yes, I have communicated with Wes (the WebMaster) and he is working the issue.

Ed, I think that your location may give you some immunity. When I do a tracert, I can tell that the link goes in and out of the Chicago area. Your physical location may cause your link to bypass the problem zone (wherever that is).
"Making Sawdust Safely"
Dusty
Sent from my Dell XPS using Firefox.
charlese
Platinum Member

Post by charlese »

Been reading about this and am still surprised. Like Ed (reible) I have never had a problem getting on this site or staying on it, unless I have deleted one site and quickly tried to go to another (Like back one reference). When that happens, (only twice) I'm sure it is my problem and my computer's. All I have to do is wait a while, or re- boot to go back to where I was when got in computer trouble.

I do use "disk clean up" and defragment frequently. I was told by my ISP to always use "disk clean up" before defraging! My local ISP is "RPM Wireless Internet" It is a local service that offers a secure broadband wireless. Connection speed is rated at 100 Mbps for the primary computer and is limited to about 28 Mbps in house wireless to this laptop. The Laptop is the only computer I use.
Octogenarian's have an earned right to be a curmudgeon.
Chuck in Lancaster, CA
a1gutterman
Platinum Member

Post by a1gutterman »

The problem happens to me occasionally, but knot like what is being described here by the farmer and Dusty.
Tim

Buying US made products will help keep YOUR job or retirement funds safer.
greitz
Gold Member

Post by greitz »

I check this site maybe 20 times per week, and only get "server not found" maybe once per week (or less). When I do get the "server not found" message, it's usually between 8 and 10 am Pacific time.

Gary
horologist
Gold Member

Post by horologist »

I get the error from time to time but it has been a few weeks since the last occurrence.

Troy
The best equipped laundry room in the neighborhood...
swampgator
Platinum Member

Post by swampgator »

From my limited knowledge, I'll forward the idea that your internet server may not be interfacing with Shopsmith server or the other servers between you and the SS server. We used to have the base security database on one server where people filed in all day to register or update their register. The security headquarters was on the other side of the base and the connection to the database server passed through 3 other servers. One night the CNET server went down and the officers at the security headquarters could not access the database server. Took us a couple hours at 1:30 am to get it back up. Had to restart the CNET server.

CNET - Chief of Naval Education and Training and the name was changed about 8 years ago by direction of our last president.

the old swampgator
Steve, the old Florida gator

I just love it when she says I can go make sawdust. ;) :D