Non OEM replacement bandsaw tyres in UK

Forum for Maintenance and Repair topics. Feel free to ask questions or contribute.

Moderators: HopefulSSer, admin

mbrown
Bronze Member

Non OEM replacement bandsaw tyres in UK

Post by mbrown »

Just wondering if anyone in the UK has used any non oem tyres for their bandsaw?

£70 ($88) for a pair of rubbers from the UK supplier is a bit steep, as is everything on there imo.

There are many available on Amazon but none specific to Shopsmith and I can't find the Blue Max ones people have mentioned over here.

Also not convinced that the non branded Urethane will be up to scratch.

Any advice welcome!

Adding search terms for future searching people when UK is too short to be used as a search!
England, Ireland, Scotland, Wales, United Kingdom Tires
chapmanruss
Platinum Member

Re: Non OEM replacement bandsaw tyres in UK

Post by chapmanruss »

Blue Max Bandsaw Tires are found on ebay sold by BAND SAW TIRE WAREHOUSE. You could contact them to see if they will ship to the UK.
Russ

Mark V completely upgraded to Mark 7
Mark V 520
All SPT's & 2 Power Stations
Model 10ER S/N R64000 first one I restored on bench w/ metal ends & retractable casters.
Has Speed Changer, 4E Jointer, Jig Saw with lamp, a complete set of original accessories & much more.
Model 10E's S/N's 1076 & 1077 oldest ones I have restored. Mark 2 S/N 85959 restored. Others to be restored.
mbrown
Bronze Member

Re: Non OEM replacement bandsaw tyres in UK

Post by mbrown »

Thanks Russ but I'm really trying to find some in the UK.

Several reasons, speed, delivery costs, import duty etc. I might as well buy the expensive ones...

I'm sure some of the cheaper ones available here will be fine, someone out there knows!