PSA: Starrett Sold to a Private Equity Company

Moderators: HopefulSSer, admin

RFGuy
Platinum Member

PSA: Starrett Sold to a Private Equity Company

Post by RFGuy »

Just popping in for a quick PSA...don't worry, I won't linger here. I have always liked products from Starrett company and held them in high regard. In recent years, I discovered they had moved quite a few of their products to manufacturing outside of the US. Online reviews were less than favorable of offshored products from Starrett with numerous quality issues reported for them. Starrett even had a filter on their website where you could look for products from them that were only manufactured in the US. A feature that I used in the last few years. Unfortunately the private equity firm MiddleGround Capital has acquired Starrett. All of you have your own diverse opinions, but it is probable that with this acquisition more offshoring of Starrett manufacturing is likely. Hopefully they will fix the quality issues, but sad to see another one time quality American tool company disappear. Don't know what inventory is left for them of the US manufactured products, but putting this out there in case anyone shares my concerns and wants to stock up before this news reaches other Starrett aficionados. End of PSA.

https://toolguyd.com/starrett-acquisition-2024/
Starrett.jpg
Starrett.jpg (74.56 KiB) Viewed 579 times
📶RF Guy

Mark V 520 (Bought New '98) | 4" jointer | 6" beltsander | 12" planer | bandsaw | router table | speed reducer | univ. tool rest
Porter Cable 12" Compound Miter Saw | Rikon 8" Low Speed Bench Grinder w/CBN wheels | Jessem Clear-Cut TS™ Stock Guides
Festool (Emerald): DF 500 Q | RO 150 FEQ | OF 1400 EQ | TS 55 REQ | CT 26 E
DC3300 | Shopvac w/ClearVue CV06 Mini Cyclone | JDS AirTech 2000 | Sundstrom PAPR | Dylos DC1100 Pro particulate monitor
Ed in Tampa
Platinum Member

Re: PSA: Starrett Sold to a Private Equity Company

Post by Ed in Tampa »

Thanks for the tip! And thanks for posting here, I have always enjoyed your posts and really hate to see you go. Please reconsider.
MikeG
Gold Member

Re: PSA: Starrett Sold to a Private Equity Company

Post by MikeG »

Thanks for the heads up. I to liked their quality.