Garage heaters

Forum for people who are new to woodworking. Feel free to ask questions or contribute.

Moderators: HopefulSSer, admin

a1gutterman
Platinum Member

Post by a1gutterman »

reible wrote:Now is the the spot where the straight man says "Henway, what's a henway?"

OK now we can go on...

Ed
With or without feathers?
Tim

Buying US made products will help keep YOUR job or retirement funds safer.
dusty
Platinum Member

Post by dusty »

charlese wrote:It was funny during Vaudeville!
Guess you had to have been there:confused::rolleyes:
"Making Sawdust Safely"
Dusty
Sent from my Dell XPS using Firefox.
JPG
Platinum Member

Vaudville

Post by JPG »

Ok How Many Of Have Actually Been To A Vaudeville Show??? I Have...hen Weigh! :)
╔═══╗
╟JPG ╢
╚═══╝

Goldie(Bought New SN 377425)/4" jointer/6" beltsander/12" planer/stripsander/bandsaw/powerstation /Scroll saw/Jig saw /Craftsman 10" ras/Craftsman 6" thicknessplaner/ Dayton10"tablesaw(restoredfromneighborstrashpile)/ Mark VII restoration in 'progress'/ 10
E[/size](SN E3779) restoration in progress, a 510 on the back burner and a growing pile of items to be eventually returned to useful life. - aka Red Grange
baysidebob
Gold Member

Post by baysidebob »

charlese wrote:It was funny during Vaudeville!
Vaudeville, whats that? Something you take for the common cold, or some kind of a new street drug?

Bayside Bob, Calif.
I keep finding little windows on this forum, that I don't really know what they do. So sometimes I experiment. Probably shouldn't do that, I know in my shop it can get me into trouble.
Bayside Bob
a1gutterman
Platinum Member

Post by a1gutterman »

baysidebob wrote:Vaudeville, whats that? Something you take for the common cold, or some kind of a new street drug?

Bayside Bob, Calif.
They are talking about being or going there. It must be a city or town. What state is it in? He He He
Tim

beeg
Platinum Member

Post by beeg »

jpg40504 wrote:Ok How Many Of Have Actually Been To A Vaudeville Show??? I Have...hen Weigh! :)

Nope I've never been to a strip show.
SS 500(09/1980), DC3300, jointer, bandsaw, belt sander, Strip Sander, drum sanders,molder, dado, biscuit joiner, universal lathe tool rest, Oneway talon chuck, router bits & chucks and a De Walt 735 planer,a #5,#6, block planes. ALL in a 100 square foot shop.

Bob
JPG
Platinum Member

Vaudeville Ain't Burlesque

Post by JPG »

beeg wrote:Nope I've never been to a strip show.
THERE IS A DIFFERENCE!!! MAYBE UR TOO WET BEHIND THE EARS?????;)

BELIEVE ME I DRIED OUT LOOONG AGOOOO!:D

There aren't too many my young age who had an opportunity to actually see vaudeville first hand.. Here in Lex ky in the early 50's we were still a stop on their 'tour' at a local Theatre. You got to see BOTH a movie and the ORIGINAL stand up comedians. Actually had a wild animal trainer on stage one time(tigers, lions etc.) They had a good time figuring out how to "house" them!!!:p
╔═══╗
╟JPG ╢
╚═══╝

Goldie(Bought New SN 377425)/4" jointer/6" beltsander/12" planer/stripsander/bandsaw/powerstation /Scroll saw/Jig saw /Craftsman 10" ras/Craftsman 6" thicknessplaner/ Dayton10"tablesaw(restoredfromneighborstrashpile)/ Mark VII restoration in 'progress'/ 10
E[/size](SN E3779) restoration in progress, a 510 on the back burner and a growing pile of items to be eventually returned to useful life. - aka Red Grange
a1gutterman
Platinum Member

Post by a1gutterman »

beeg wrote:Nope I've never been to a strip show.
Here is a good one for you:http://www.shopsmithacademy.com/Tips_Archives/SST110_Sharpening_Knives.htm
Tim

JPG
Platinum Member

Nick's Strip Show

Post by JPG »

I don't want to see NICK take his apron off!!!:D

Oh how we DIGRESS!!!!!!
╔═══╗
╟JPG ╢
╚═══╝

charlese
Platinum Member

Post by charlese »

Just thought I'd throw this into the mix. I use an electric reflective heater to warm my shop during winter months. I did a little study of my electric bills the last two years - Spring/and Autumn vs. Winter. (Thank goodness Winter only last a couple of months here.)

To the best of my knowledge it costs about $50 per month to warm my celing insulated 320 sq. ft. shop. I run the heater on "High" 8:00am to 4:00pm about 6 days each week. The temps are usually high teens for a low temp, and 50s to 60s daytime. Some days I can not glue anything until afternoon, because I want the wood and the glue to be above 50.

I've found if I can keep the MASS of the shop above 40 deg. it is a lot easier to re-warm to 55.
Octogenarian's have an earned right to be a curmudgeon.
Chuck in Lancaster, CA