jig saw parts

Forum for Maintenance and Repair topics. Feel free to ask questions or contribute.

Moderators: HopefulSSer, admin

woodmeister
Gold Member

jig saw parts

Post by woodmeister »

anyone have any parts for the jig saw model number 555272? It is part number 514982. Mother no longer has them. They are very brittle and shatter easily. If not I will try and make one.
Thanks,
Tom
rpd
Platinum Member

Re: jig saw parts

Post by rpd »

woodmeister wrote:anyone have any parts for the jig saw model number 555272? It is part number 514982. Mother no longer has them. They are very brittle and shatter easily. If not I will try and make one.
Thanks,
Tom
Just for the sake of clarity, model number 555272 is the old gray scroll saw and not a jig saw.

I have one of that model , but the manual that came with it is for the newer teal scroll saw and doesn't reference that part number. could you please post a picture of the part so we can see what it is.
Ron Dyck
==================================================================
10ER #23430, 10ER #84609, 10ER #94987,two SS A-34 jigsaws for 10ER.
1959 Mark 5 #356595 Greenie, SS Magna Jointer, SS planer, SS bandsaw, SS scroll saw (gray), DC3300,
woodmeister
Gold Member

Post by woodmeister »

I have a picture of the broken one but can't figure out how to up or down load it in here to show you. Could you take a picture of yours and I will tell you if it is the part.
Thank you,
Tom
dusty
Platinum Member

Post by dusty »

How about an online catalog picture of what Shopsmith offers for 555272.

http://www.shopsmith.com/itempics/ljpg/555c/555706l.jpg

This is the upgrade kit.

http://www.shopsmith.com/ownersite/item ... tem=555706
"Making Sawdust Safely"
Dusty
Sent from my Dell XPS using Firefox.
rpd
Platinum Member

Post by rpd »

woodmeister wrote:I have a picture of the broken one but can't figure out how to up or down load it in here to show you. Could you take a picture of yours and I will tell you if it is the part.
Thank you,
Tom
I have a whole gray scroll saw, I still don't know what part you are seeking. Could you describe the part.
Ron Dyck
==================================================================
10ER #23430, 10ER #84609, 10ER #94987,two SS A-34 jigsaws for 10ER.
1959 Mark 5 #356595 Greenie, SS Magna Jointer, SS planer, SS bandsaw, SS scroll saw (gray), DC3300,
JPG
Platinum Member

Post by JPG »

temp.jpg
temp.jpg (75.66 KiB) Viewed 9416 times
Goldie part it???? Do not panic, it once was gray.

What is the PN for the teal version? Is there a difference?
╔═══╗
╟JPG ╢
╚═══╝

Goldie(Bought New SN 377425)/4" jointer/6" beltsander/12" planer/stripsander/bandsaw/powerstation /Scroll saw/Jig saw /Craftsman 10" ras/Craftsman 6" thicknessplaner/ Dayton10"tablesaw(restoredfromneighborstrashpile)/ Mark VII restoration in 'progress'/ 10
E[/size](SN E3779) restoration in progress, a 510 on the back burner and a growing pile of items to be eventually returned to useful life. - aka Red Grange
dusty
Platinum Member

Post by dusty »

I have this feeling that we are not all looking for the same part and maybe even not the same "scroll saw".

I have a gray (555272) scroll saw and the manual that came with it. If the part number that you are seeking is 514982 - that part number does not exist in my parts list for a 555272.

I also do NOT SEE, either in the drawings or on my scroll saw, a part the resembles the part that JPG has shown.

JIG SAW or SCROLL SAW -- I think that might be the question of the day.

Attached is the parts drawing for my 555272 20" Scroll Saw (Standalone):
scan0018 rotated.pdf
(672.94 KiB) Downloaded 1230 times
Correction: that part number does exist. It is item # 87 Cradle 514982 on the drawing. The part is also used (same application) on the Mark V Mounted Scroll Saw.

You are not the first to post with this problem. I know that does not help but there is a thread here somewhere that details the previously posted problem.
"Making Sawdust Safely"
Dusty
Sent from my Dell XPS using Firefox.
woodmeister
Gold Member

Post by woodmeister »

yes it looks like the part he needs but his is gray lol. Is it for sale or do you know where he can get one?
Thanks,
Tom

My email is alisfair@aol.com so I can send it to him
JPG
Platinum Member

Post by JPG »

The picture I posted is one taken when I 'restored' my gray scrollsaw, and is not for sale. I posted it so we all will be discussing the correct part.
╔═══╗
╟JPG ╢
╚═══╝

Goldie(Bought New SN 377425)/4" jointer/6" beltsander/12" planer/stripsander/bandsaw/powerstation /Scroll saw/Jig saw /Craftsman 10" ras/Craftsman 6" thicknessplaner/ Dayton10"tablesaw(restoredfromneighborstrashpile)/ Mark VII restoration in 'progress'/ 10
E[/size](SN E3779) restoration in progress, a 510 on the back burner and a growing pile of items to be eventually returned to useful life. - aka Red Grange
chapmanruss
Platinum Member

Post by chapmanruss »

Although not it's original gray color the picture JPG posted is the part # 514982 called Cradle and is # 87 in the diagram I have for the older gray Scroll Saw. The part for the teal Scroll Saw is # 518102 is called Scroll Saw Rear Cradle and is also # 87 on it's drawing (online service parts). The parts look different in the drawings even though they are for the same purpose on the older gray and newer teal Scroll Saws. Sorry I have only had two of the older Mark Mount gray Scroll Saw (still have one), never had a teal one. Since they do the same function the teal one may work on the gray one. It will cost you the price of the part ($4.12) plus shipping to find out if you wish to try. A call to the service department may help answer that question. Good Luck
Russ

Mark V completely upgraded to Mark 7
Mark V 520
All SPT's & 2 Power Stations
Model 10ER S/N R64000 first one I restored on bench w/ metal ends & retractable casters.
Has Speed Changer, 4E Jointer, Jig Saw with lamp, a complete set of original accessories & much more.
Model 10E's S/N's 1076 & 1077 oldest ones I have restored. Mark 2 S/N 85959 restored. Others to be restored.