Mini split advice..UPDATE

Moderators: HopefulSSer, admin

dusty
Platinum Member

Re: Mini split advice

Post by dusty »

This is the price you pay when you have this sort of work done by other than the appropriate trade.

Had you contracted (and I repeat "contracted") with an HVAC tradesman you would most likely be enjoying the results.

Good Luck.
"Making Sawdust Safely"
Dusty
Sent from my Dell XPS using Firefox.
GoNavy
Gold Member

Post by GoNavy »

Well gonna call this a win...lol..the extra time (Monday install vice Friday) gave me the opportunity too sit out in my shop with several beers (that happens often) and re-evaluate my install. I decided the normal install of center of the wall in both spaces...sucks...it infringes on my peg boards and looks stupid. Instead I came up with a new plan to use angle iron and do a caddie corner mount in both spaces...looks like it will circulate the air much better, doesn't interfere with my peg boards, puts both unit very close to one another (opposite sides of the wall) so line sets are shorter, and can be put through the same hole to the outside. Had they done the original install won't have time to set this up, going to Lowes tomorrow to get some angle iron for the mounts. So I guess there is reason for ever thing, maybe it was meant to be, too give me more time to get this right

To Dusty's and Ben's point Home Depot supposedly is using qualified installers that are Mitsubishi certified, at least I hope so...lol..so warranty shouldn't be an issue

Jsburger unfortunately Home Depot doesn't offer Military discount here, which is odd considering I live right next to LR AFB, go figure
dusty
Platinum Member

Post by dusty »

GoNavy wrote:Well gonna call this a win...lol..the extra time (Monday install vice Friday) gave me the opportunity too sit out in my shop with several beers (that happens often) and re-evaluate my install. I decided the normal install of center of the wall in both spaces...sucks...it infringes on my peg boards and looks stupid. Instead I came up with a new plan to use angle iron and do a caddie corner mount in both spaces...looks like it will circulate the air much better, doesn't interfere with my peg boards, puts both unit very close to one another (opposite sides of the wall) so line sets are shorter, and can be put through the same hole to the outside. Had they done the original install won't have time to set this up, going to Lowes tomorrow to get some angle iron for the mounts. So I guess there is reason for ever thing, maybe it was meant to be, too give me more time to get this right

To Dusty's and Ben's point Home Depot supposedly is using qualified installers that are Mitsubishi certified, at least I hope so...lol..so warranty shouldn't be an issue

Jsburger unfortunately Home Depot doesn't offer Military discount here, which is odd considering I live right next to LR AFB, go figure
NO MILITARY DISCOUNT?

Not according to what I read here:
Capture Military Discount.JPG
Capture Military Discount.JPG (77.47 KiB) Viewed 7169 times
"Making Sawdust Safely"
Dusty
dusty
Platinum Member

Post by dusty »

dusty wrote:
GoNavy wrote:Well gonna call this a win...lol..the extra time (Monday install vice Friday) gave me the opportunity too sit out in my shop with several beers (that happens often) and re-evaluate my install. I decided the normal install of center of the wall in both spaces...sucks...it infringes on my peg boards and looks stupid. Instead I came up with a new plan to use angle iron and do a caddie corner mount in both spaces...looks like it will circulate the air much better, doesn't interfere with my peg boards, puts both unit very close to one another (opposite sides of the wall) so line sets are shorter, and can be put through the same hole to the outside. Had they done the original install won't have time to set this up, going to Lowes tomorrow to get some angle iron for the mounts. So I guess there is reason for ever thing, maybe it was meant to be, too give me more time to get this right

NO MILITARY DISCOUNT?

Not according to what I read here:

Capture Military Discount.JPG
I am under the impression that the Home Depot Military Discount Policy is Corporate Wide.
"Making Sawdust Safely"
Dusty
GoNavy
Gold Member

Post by GoNavy »

Thanks guys may save me some money, just fired off an email to the sales guy, to let him know of my changes, also asked him about this discount. If he says no again, may have to contact the corp guys and ask them what gives...It is sad you have to jump through so many hoops, this sales guy knows damn well I am retired Navy, he even complimented me on my shadow box (seen it when he came in to show me the est.) was amazed at how many medals I had...lol...I guess if you don't put your foot down and say the words "I want the discount" it just doesn't matter. Kinda makes me mad, if your gonna offer it, don't me beg for it...jeez...you know there goes my gut again telling me to back away, lets see what he comes back with...
jsburger
Platinum Member

Post by jsburger »

Dusty is correct. That policy is a corporate policy and available at all Home Depots. If the sales person does not know about it he/she must be new. HD has had that policy since 2013. https://themilitarywallet.com/home-depo ... -discount/ I would start with the store manager and see what he says.
John & Mary Burger
Eagle's Lair Woodshop
Hooper, UT
GoNavy
Gold Member

Post by GoNavy »

Well they do have a military discount, but it is for in store purchases only and max's out at $500, so doesn't apply to my situation, but he did say they were giving me a 5% discount and 12 month no interest for using my Home Depot card to finance. Works for me was planning on paying it off with six months with their normal everyday no interest for six months on purchases of more then $299, 12 months is better, seems they are having a summer special and heat/air systems are included.
jsburger
Platinum Member

Post by jsburger »

GoNavy wrote:Well they do have a military discount, but it is for in store purchases only and max's out at $500, so doesn't apply to my situation, but he did say they were giving me a 5% discount and 12 month no interest for using my Home Depot card to finance. Works for me was planning on paying it off with six months with their normal everyday no interest for six months on purchases of more then $299, 12 months is better, seems they are having a summer special and heat/air systems are included.
Well that is a little better answer, but. First, did you buy the equipment a HD? If not then the discount does not apply. Second, the $500 limit is the discount amount not the amount of the purchase. So at 10% you can get the discount on a $5000 purchase. Also, you get the 10% military discount and still get the 6 months or 12 months no interest on the HD card. 6 or 12 depends on the amount of the purchase. We do it all the time. It sounds like you need to talk to the store manager.

If you make a purchase and the amount is over the limit I would think the register system will not allow the 10% military discount. All of the check out people have a card with a bar code on it for the military discount. Just show them your retired card and they scan in the bar code and every item gets the 10% discount.

We regularly purchase products here in Utah and have them picked up in Sacramento by a contractor for repairs on our two rental property's. There has never been a $500 limit on the purchase. FWIW, we have never spent over $5000 at one time either. In that case I would just break up the purchases to be under $5000 each.

Installation or warranted service is not covered.
John & Mary Burger
Eagle's Lair Woodshop
Hooper, UT
dusty
Platinum Member

Post by dusty »

As for being limited to in store purchases only -- NOT ENTIRELY ACCURATE. I recently purchased my Husky Tool Chest, three Husky Storage Cabinets, extra Husky Shelves and a Husky 62" Work Table ON LINE and had it delivered to the house.

I took my receipts back to the store (per their direction at time of purchase) and was given the 10% on the entire "ball or wax".
"Making Sawdust Safely"
Dusty
jsburger
Platinum Member

Post by jsburger »

dusty wrote:As for being limited to in store purchases only -- NOT ENTIRELY ACCURATE. I recently purchased my Husky Tool Chest, three Husky Storage Cabinets, extra Husky Shelves and a Husky 62" Work Table ON LINE and had it delivered to the house.

I took my receipts back to the store (per their direction at time of purchase) and was given the 10% on the entire "ball or wax".
Interesting, I will have to give that a try sometime. I wish they would go to a system like Lowe's has where you are registered in the system. That way you just scan your My Lowe's card and it automatically applies the 10%. No cashier needed and it works on line also.
John & Mary Burger
Eagle's Lair Woodshop
Hooper, UT