Joint-Matic Question

Moderators: HopefulSSer, admin

DSS
Silver Member

Re: Joint-Matic Question

Post by DSS »

I did an upload of a picture posted on another thread. Still navigating use of forums. Third post, so pardon the learning curve.

Dan’s Shopsmith
DSS
Bevel miter gauge
Bevel miter gauge
DB8D67BB-2753-48A1-A2E7-6F31750F17B7.jpeg (115.1 KiB) Viewed 6795 times
JPG
Platinum Member

Post by JPG »

Oh! That thingie.

Bevel sled/jig?

Vertical miter?

Table does not tilt. Router does not tilt. So make the workpiece tilt.

Are the dimensions* such that it would work on a M5/V/VII/7?

* miter bar distance from jig to blade position(adjustable by quill).
╔═══╗
╟JPG ╢
╚═══╝

Goldie(Bought New SN 377425)/4" jointer/6" beltsander/12" planer/stripsander/bandsaw/powerstation /Scroll saw/Jig saw /Craftsman 10" ras/Craftsman 6" thicknessplaner/ Dayton10"tablesaw(restoredfromneighborstrashpile)/ Mark VII restoration in 'progress'/ 10
E[/size](SN E3779) restoration in progress, a 510 on the back burner and a growing pile of items to be eventually returned to useful life. - aka Red Grange
rpd
Platinum Member

Post by rpd »

JPG wrote:Oh! That thingie.

Bevel sled/jig?

Vertical miter?

Bevel mitre gauge is the correct name, ;) http://martins-supplies.co.uk/presta/di ... gauge.html
Ron Dyck
==================================================================
10ER #23430, 10ER #84609, 10ER #94987,two SS A-34 jigsaws for 10ER.
1959 Mark 5 #356595 Greenie, SS Magna Jointer, SS planer, SS bandsaw, SS scroll saw (gray), DC3300,
JPG
Platinum Member

Post by JPG »

rpd wrote:
JPG wrote:Oh! That thingie.

Bevel sled/jig?

Vertical miter?

Bevel mitre gauge is the correct name, ;) http://martins-supplies.co.uk/presta/di ... gauge.html
'Correctness' is in the mind of they who first coined it.

I think that correct name is a misnomer. Bevel 'gauge' yes miter 'gauge' no. JMO ;)
╔═══╗
╟JPG ╢
╚═══╝

Goldie(Bought New SN 377425)/4" jointer/6" beltsander/12" planer/stripsander/bandsaw/powerstation /Scroll saw/Jig saw /Craftsman 10" ras/Craftsman 6" thicknessplaner/ Dayton10"tablesaw(restoredfromneighborstrashpile)/ Mark VII restoration in 'progress'/ 10
E[/size](SN E3779) restoration in progress, a 510 on the back burner and a growing pile of items to be eventually returned to useful life. - aka Red Grange
DSS
Silver Member

Post by DSS »

Hi Ron,

In my internet search, I found Martin’s Supplies as well, but when I tried to order, it appeared I could only create an account and ship to an address in the UK. I sent a message inquiring via their ‘contact us’ link, so I hope to hear back and see if an order and shipment stateside can be facilitated.

Has anyone else ordered from them and had items shipped to the USA?

Thanks in advance.
Cheers,
Dan
rpd
Platinum Member

Post by rpd »

DSS wrote:Hi Ron,

In my Internet search, I found Martin’s Supplies as well, but when I tried to order, it appeared I could only create an account and ship to an address in the UK. I sent a message inquiring via their ‘contact us’ link, so I hope to hear back and see if an order and shipment stateside can be facilitated.

Thanks in advance.
Cheers,
Dan
I suspect there is an agreement as to what regions they are authorized to sell in.

Martin's Supply would be the authorized Shopsmith dealer for the UK and most likely for the whole European Union, just as All-In-One-Woodworking is the Authorized dealer for Canada. Shopsmith USA will not ship to countries where they have authorized dealers, and the dealers can only sell to their territories.

The only way around it would be to have someone in the UK get it, and then reship it to you.
Ron Dyck
1959 Mark 5 #356595 Greenie, SS Magna Jointer, SS planer, SS bandsaw, SS scroll saw (gray), DC3300,
rpd
Platinum Member

Post by rpd »

DSS wrote:Hi Ron,

In my internet search, I found Martin’s Supplies as well, but when I tried to order, it appeared I could only create an account and ship to an address in the UK. I sent a message inquiring via their ‘contact us’ link, so I hope to hear back and see if an order and shipment stateside can be facilitated.

Thanks in advance.
Cheers,
Dan
Here is a link to an old post by Ed (reible) showing a bevel mitre gauge that he made before he located an OEM one. Rolling you own might be the best option. ;)

http://www.shopsmith.com/ss_forum/viewt ... 139#p27139
Ron Dyck
DSS
Silver Member

Post by DSS »

Ron,
Thanks for the reply and insight. Yes, I saw that thread and agree, might need to make one similar. Another option might be making an adjustable angle table like the one from MLCS.

https://www.mlcswoodworking.com/shopsit ... top_anchor

Cheers,
Dan
65B758E9-A81D-4E16-BCC4-EAC4144C456D.jpeg
65B758E9-A81D-4E16-BCC4-EAC4144C456D.jpeg (15.23 KiB) Viewed 6705 times