A New Shop in the Making

Moderators: HopefulSSer, admin

masonsailor2
Platinum Member

Re: A New Shop in the Making

Post by masonsailor2 »

Coming along nicely Dusty. I know we had a discussion here about the dust collection and in putting it outdoors you were concerned about the neighbors and the noise. I have been meaning to get on here and pass an option on. My buddy who has a garage/shop in Orange County had a simimilar issue so he built an enclosure out of t111 and added acoustic foam and a simple baffle for the exhaust. You can barely hear it. It makes way less noise than a pool pump. Just a thought.
Paul
dusty
Platinum Member

Post by dusty »

I might have some relief from my concerns about noise level.

I have two different neighbors who drive cars with high performance engines and tuned exhaust systems. My shop, on the noisiest days, could not complete. My immediate neighbors on each side are teachers who leave for work at about 7:00am and come home about 4:00pm. Most of my shop hours will be during the times when they are gone.
"Making Sawdust Safely"
Dusty
Sent from my Dell XPS using Firefox.
dusty
Platinum Member

Post by dusty »

I know that this is not exciting to anyone but me but I am excited. We unloaded the household pod this morning. The kids showed here at 5:30am and the pod was empty by 9:00am.

The shop pod is next. It is to be delivered tomorrow and we will begin unloading the next morning; unless I open the pod and discover that the load shifted like pod #1 did. If the load shifted I will not be able to contain myself. I'll be doing an immediate inspection to see what sort of damage I incurred.

I did not do a real good job with the first pod and there has been damage that I will hear about for months to come. What hurts is I know what sort of damage can be done when a transport container is not properly packed. I learned that lessons OR SHOULD HAVE as I have packed for deployment a few times!
"Making Sawdust Safely"
Dusty
Sent from my Dell XPS using Firefox.