New Wheels for Power Stands or Pro Planer

Forum for Maintenance and Repair topics. Feel free to ask questions or contribute.

Moderators: HopefulSSer, admin

ChrisNeilan
Platinum Member

Re: New Wheels for Power Stands or Pro Planer

Post by ChrisNeilan »

Bring it to the tire store and check for caster camber and toe! :)
Chris Neilan

Shopsmith Mark 7, Shopsmith Mark V 1982, shortened, Shopsmith 10 ER; Craftsman table saw (1964); Powermatic 3520B lathe
jsburger
Platinum Member

Post by jsburger »

JPG wrote:Yup! Notice the left 'side' is near straight on, but the right 'side' is no where near straight on.

i.e. I agree with ED. :)
I noticed that too when I took the picture and looked at it. I can assure you the gap between the yoke and the wheel is the same on the right side as it is on the left.
John & Mary Burger
Eagle's Lair Woodshop
Hooper, UT
everettdavis
Platinum Member

Post by everettdavis »

Optical illusions and perspectives are hard to see in photos. The left side view of the yoke makes it more difficult as it is a radius curve bending down and coming toward you to the axis of the wheel. Yes the right side as well, just blocked by the wheel.

I am looking for a set of flat focus macro lens rings for my Sony digital camera that won't break the bank for that reason.

I stand corrected. If I don't tell folks what I don't know, no one can correct me.

It is worth considering that the standard caster shows up as item E in the Shopsmith Most Frequently Ordered Service Parts list of 17 items.
http://www.shopsmith.com/service/mostfr ... dparts.htm

If they held up well for everyone through the years, they likely would not have made that list. The 3" casters are exceptionally good and mitigate a host of floor / floor joint problems.

John has an exceptionally nice shop, with superior floor that I believe anyone would envy. He is first class in everything he does.

Everett