Web site issue?

Moderators: HopefulSSer, admin

moggymatt
Platinum Member

Re: Web site issue?

Post by moggymatt »

JPG wrote:
dusty wrote:Ya'll do realize that if Shopsmith ships short, your account will not be charged until the order is complete. The bank will post a ledger entry but no funds move.
Close Dusty! We will see IF nothing moves!

However that is not ALL that is awry.

Again I have faith it will come out correctly,
JPG,
Any progress? I've seen no change and have been swamped and not able to call.
Paul B
JPG
Platinum Member

Post by JPG »

moggymatt wrote:
JPG wrote:
dusty wrote:Ya'll do realize that if Shopsmith ships short, your account will not be charged until the order is complete. The bank will post a ledger entry but no funds move.

JPG,
All is well(almost). Major item has arrived with a couple of add ons. One item has been backordered. CC has been charged for items sent. Balance for BO part will(I assume) be charged to card when shipped.

So SS's policy re charges apparently has NOT changed. Having free shipping for the order made that part simpler.
╔═══╗
╟JPG ╢
╚═══╝

Goldie(Bought New SN 377425)/4" jointer/6" beltsander/12" planer/stripsander/bandsaw/powerstation /Scroll saw/Jig saw /Craftsman 10" ras/Craftsman 6" thicknessplaner/ Dayton10"tablesaw(restoredfromneighborstrashpile)/ Mark VII restoration in 'progress'/ 10
E[/size](SN E3779) restoration in progress, a 510 on the back burner and a growing pile of items to be eventually returned to useful life. - aka Red Grange
moggymatt
Platinum Member

Post by moggymatt »

JPG wrote:
moggymatt wrote:
JPG wrote:

JPG,
All is well(almost). Major item has arrived with a couple of add ons. One item has been backordered. CC has been charged for items sent. Balance for BO part will(I assume) be charged to card when shipped.

So SS's policy re charges apparently has NOT changed. Having free shipping for the order made that part simpler.
The cycle for my purchase has finally compleated. That's a significant lag time but they figured it out on their own.
Paul B
dusty
Platinum Member

Post by dusty »

moggymatt wrote:
JPG wrote:
moggymatt wrote:
JPG,

The cycle for my purchase has finally compleated. That's a significant lag time but they figured it out on their own.
While watching and to a certain extent experiencing issues of this sort, I have come to one conclusion or realization.

If Shopsmith has it and it has not been earmarked for a build, it will ship normally in a couple days. When a "wait" occurs it is because the item is not available in stock.

That seems obvious but when you are the one waiting...not so.

The only times that this wait really bugs me is when they run a special and cannot fulfill. If that happens due to unexpected demand, make an announcement to that effect.
"Making Sawdust Safely"
Dusty
Sent from my Dell XPS using Firefox.