New Product

Create a review for a woodworking tool that you are familiar with (Shopsmith brand or Non-Shopsmith) or just post your opinion on a specific tool. Head to head comparisons welcome too.

Moderators: HopefulSSer, admin

dusty
Platinum Member

Re: An Old Tool brought back.

Post by dusty »

Kerf Cutter 0.png
Kerf Cutter 0.png (148.16 KiB) Viewed 13927 times
What is it?

It's replacement is in the mail. The replacement is adjustable so there will be no need to have a specific tool to facilitate the characteristics of the required dado.

The New Tool is "Being Shipped", "No Tracking Status Available", whatever that means. Before this status it was "Being Ordered".
"Making Sawdust Safely"
Dusty
Sent from my Dell XPS using Firefox.
cham-ed
Gold Member

Re: New Product

Post by cham-ed »

No tracking status means nothing if the USPS is the carrier. The post office system is often 2 or 3 days behind. Not Shopsmith's but the USPS.
dusty
Platinum Member

Post by dusty »

Does Shopsmith utilize USPS? I don't recall ever getting a Shopsmith package delivered that way.
"Making Sawdust Safely"
Dusty
masonsailor2
Platinum Member

Post by masonsailor2 »

My tracking info doesn't list a shipped date yet so I am assuming it has not left SS yet. Did they advertise this before they had the product ?
Paul
dusty
Platinum Member

Post by dusty »

masonsailor2 wrote:My tracking info doesn't list a shipped date yet so I am assuming it has not left SS yet. Did they advertise this before they had the product ?
Paul
The status on my order hasn't changed since Monday when it first changed to "Being Shipped". I did confirm as a result of your comment that I have no tracking number either. Getting a tracking number assigned is probably the first thing that happens when an order hits the shipping department.
Capture Being Shipped.JPG
Capture Being Shipped.JPG (27.13 KiB) Viewed 13733 times
I am beginning to think that might be the new way.....set up an initial inventory using the buyers money :( . The money came out of my account on Monday and the status has not changed (Being Shipped) but there is no tracking information.

The status is still the same this morning (9/14/2017). BTW, I ordered mine on the same date as you only at 2:45am.
Last edited by dusty on Thu Sep 14, 2017 7:29 am, edited 4 times in total.
"Making Sawdust Safely"
Dusty
jsburger
Platinum Member

Post by jsburger »

dusty wrote:
masonsailor2 wrote:My tracking info doesn't list a shipped date yet so I am assuming it has not left SS yet. Did they advertise this before they had the product ?
Paul
I am beginning to think that might be the new way..set up an inventory using the buyers money. The money came out of my account on Monday and the status has not changed (Being Shipped) but there is no tracking information.
I know you know how long and how much money it takes to develop a new product before it is offered for sale. Do you really believe what you said?
John & Mary Burger
Eagle's Lair Woodshop
Hooper, UT
dusty
Platinum Member

Post by dusty »

jsburger wrote:
dusty wrote:
Paul
I am beginning to think that might be the new way..set up an inventory using the buyers money. The money came out of my account on Monday and the status has not changed (Being Shipped) but there is no tracking information.
I know you know how long and how much money it takes to develop a new product before it is offered for sale. Do you really believe what you said?
Yes, it is time consuming and expensive to bring a new product to market. BUT, by the time it "comes to market" I believe it reasonable to expect that it is available for shipping. I have not waited a long time for this item; I am just confused by the wording in the status report. "Being Shipped". Pulling an item out of inventory and preparing it for shipment is not a time consuming process. At least not for a simple item like this. "Order being Processed" and"Being Shipped". Ordered on the 7th and it still has not been shipped even though it is a new product offering and I would expect it to be on the shelf (immediately available for shipping". That does not seem to be the case.

Yes, I do believe that some companies are learning to operate by doing advanced sales (advertising).

Now if my credit card had not yet been charged I would say that there is NO REASON for me to believe it should have shipped. But my card has been charged.

If this was big money OR something that I really needed, I would be (expletive deleted).
"Making Sawdust Safely"
Dusty
reible
Platinum Member

Post by reible »

Here is a small sample of recent orders I have gotten from shopsmith with shipping details.
ScreenHunter_02 Sep. 13 20.19.jpg
ScreenHunter_02 Sep. 13 20.19.jpg (49.38 KiB) Viewed 13788 times
So yes they do ship by USPS. Even USPS has details including tracking numbers and they will appear in the listing.

BTW if you take that number and stick it in to google it knows it is a tracking number.... and yes you can get detail that way. Give it a try.

Ed
{Knight of the Shopsmith} [Hero's don't wear capes, they wear dog tags]
masonsailor2
Platinum Member

Post by masonsailor2 »

They listed mine as shipped today.
Paul
edflorence
Platinum Member

Post by edflorence »

Me too...with an estimated arrival date of next Thursday. Tracking info shows it has left Ohio and arrived in Kentucky. Still a long way from Idaho, but at least its on the move.
Ed
Idaho Panhandle
Mark 5 of various vintages, Mini with reversing motor, bs, dc3300, jointer, increaser, decreaser