Accidental Craft Project

This is a forum for intermediate to advanced woodworkers. Show off your projects or share your ideas.

Moderators: HopefulSSer, admin

Beave2012
Platinum Member

Accidental Craft Project

Post by Beave2012 »

So as my scroll sawing project continues, I am getting cold (currently it warmed up to 0 degrees F, from -18 this morning). Here is a picture of the progress...
progress.jpg
progress.jpg (563.99 KiB) Viewed 3416 times
But then I decided to come in since nap time was over for my kids and they wanted to do something. At well below freezing temps, we were stuck inside. So I grabbed all my fretwork cutouts, spent some time with them peeling off the tape, and we made art projects from the random shapes. This is the result.
project2.jpg
project2.jpg (481.95 KiB) Viewed 3416 times
project1.jpg
project1.jpg (428.18 KiB) Viewed 3416 times
Soon they will be painted and a nice coat of lacquer... What fun on a cold day. Not to mention a great use of recycled wood that would be tossed or burned cause they are too small for anything. But the random shapes made a great imagination project.

Next up, painting them after the glue dries...
-Beave
ERLover
Platinum Member
Location: Greenie and Goldie Country not to metion the WI Badgers!

Re: Accidental Craft Project

Post by ERLover »

Great on all aspects, teach the kids to use there imagination, not some App game, but that has its learning curve too, but not for baby sitting. IMHO
BTW, were do you habitat, just -5* here in SE WI this am?
KNOWLEDGE AND EXPERIENCE EQUALS WISDOM. Albert Einstein
The Greatness officially starts :D :D :D :D :D :D
Greenie, Grayling, SS stand alone BS and BS SPT, jointer and belt sander, 3 Ers with Speed Changers. I think those 3 cover my ER needs, and space for them. :)
Beave2012
Platinum Member

Post by Beave2012 »

ERLover wrote:Great on all aspects, teach the kids to use there imagination, not some App game, but that has its learning curve too, but not for baby sitting. IMHO
BTW, were do you habitat, just -5* here in SE WI this am?
Central Minnesota of course. Lots of good weather here.
-Beave
jsburger
Platinum Member

Post by jsburger »

beautiful job Beave!!!
John & Mary Burger
Eagle's Lair Woodshop
Hooper, UT
ERLover
Platinum Member

Post by ERLover »

@> Beave, Ya my sis lives in Egan MN out side of St Paul, and I listen to Prairie Home Companion every Sat evening. :)
Greenie, Grayling, SS stand alone BS and BS SPT, jointer and belt sander, 3 Ers with Speed Changers. I think those 3 cover my ER needs, and space for them. :)
Beave2012
Platinum Member

Post by Beave2012 »

ERLover wrote:@> Beave, Ya my sis lives in Egan MN out side of St Paul, and I listen to Prairie Home Companion every Sat evening. :)
Eagan*, I work around St. Paul, but north.
jsburger wrote:beautiful job Beave!!!
Lol you say that now, but my 5-year old did paint hers, pretty much all blue. She had a blast doing it though. Its fun using these scraps for craft time with her and my 3-year old son. Its great seeing how much she loves helping with the shop work. I actually can get her to share with her little brother by saying "ohh well if you don't want to share I will just bring Johnny into the shop to help me out," immediately she shares with her brother and wants to go build something with me. :)
-Beave
ERLover
Platinum Member

Post by ERLover »

Beave, that is so presish, My boys are adults, and have not found there soul mates yet so no Grand rats, but my nephew, and his daughter 7 to be this April is mine and in the shop we share, he turns, I do other things, Arabella can handle a chisel for a mortise, and polish a turn, she is my delight, not to mention my mini broom for her to sweep up. Pic to follow in a few weeks.
Oh, grand uncle Mike you are here, sweet music to my ears!!!!
kalynzoo
Platinum Member

Post by kalynzoo »

Fantastic...a wonderful way to create life long memories. I have a few pieces like that created by my children many years ago. A few small projects I trimmed and we hang them on the Christmas tree every year.
Enjoy, they grow up so fast so soon.