Items "Not Currently Available"

Moderators: HopefulSSer, admin

jsburger
Platinum Member

Re: Items "Not Currently Available"

Post by jsburger »

reible wrote:Sometimes it best if things are not available. As an example this one had me tempted especially at that price..........not.
worlds most vesatile shop apron.jpg
Ed
They had the same price on the Pro Planer a few years ago. I called the Mother Ship to report the error and was told they do that so nobody orders since the item is out of stock. Huh :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

What the heck is that all about???
John & Mary Burger
Eagle's Lair Woodshop
Hooper, UT
JPG
Platinum Member

Re: Items "Not Currently Available"

Post by JPG »

jsburger wrote:
reible wrote:Sometimes it best if things are not available. As an example this one had me tempted especially at that price..........not.
worlds most vesatile shop apron.jpg
Ed
They had the same price on the Pro Planer a few years ago. I called the Mother Ship to report the error and was told they do that so nobody orders since the item is out of stock. Huh :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

What the heck is that all about???
An idiots guide to killing off the customer base! :rolleyes:

No matter what, never, ever be upfront and tell it as it is.

Apparently the objective is to prevent 'unnecessary' work by discouraging input(orders).
╔═══╗
╟JPG ╢
╚═══╝

Goldie(Bought New SN 377425)/4" jointer/6" beltsander/12" planer/stripsander/bandsaw/powerstation /Scroll saw/Jig saw /Craftsman 10" ras/Craftsman 6" thicknessplaner/ Dayton10"tablesaw(restoredfromneighborstrashpile)/ Mark VII restoration in 'progress'/ 10
E[/size](SN E3779) restoration in progress, a 510 on the back burner and a growing pile of items to be eventually returned to useful life. - aka Red Grange