Tolerance: Even of that which disgusts us.

Moderators: HopefulSSer, admin

JPG
Platinum Member

Tolerance: Even of that which disgusts us.

Post by JPG »

Well 'we' have been purged of what to many was an 'undesirable' member.

Well let he who is without any rough edges that grate upon others 'celebrate'.

I dare say that will be a sparsely attended party!

Some will say there are 'limits', but same can be said of threshold of tolerance.

No question we have been 'spared' future eruptions of that which most of us found to be objectionable, but lost also was an opportunity to learn from him as well. He had some good attributes for sure. I leave it for others to judge the balance.

It appears a couple of 'us' were more tolerant that most. Some might be inclined to label them 'enablers'.

One thing all this did bring out was how intolerant some of us are of differing personalities. That be a slippery slope indeed.

I make no judgement re Admin's action(s) whatever they were. That is his responsibility. I do understand it however and regret it's necessity.
╔═══╗
╟JPG ╢
╚═══╝

Goldie(Bought New SN 377425)/4" jointer/6" beltsander/12" planer/stripsander/bandsaw/powerstation /Scroll saw/Jig saw /Craftsman 10" ras/Craftsman 6" thicknessplaner/ Dayton10"tablesaw(restoredfromneighborstrashpile)/ Mark VII restoration in 'progress'/ 10
E[/size](SN E3779) restoration in progress, a 510 on the back burner and a growing pile of items to be eventually returned to useful life. - aka Red Grange
Gene Howe
Platinum Member

Post by Gene Howe »

'Tis sad when any member of the forum leaves for whatever reason.
Gene

'The true soldier fights not because he hates what is in front of him, but because he loves what is behind him.' G. K. Chesterton
Ed in Tampa
Platinum Member

Post by Ed in Tampa »

I have found in most situations of life we carry two pails, one filled with water and the other filled with gasoline. Which we throw on a fire is our choice.

The other thread was mercifully "closed" and personally I think we need to let this one die too.

To many things are being hinted at, covertly pointed to and tongue in cheek mentioned that someone is bound to get hurt/angry.

Let us all be water carriers and let this whole subject silently go away.
Ed in Tampa
Stay out of trouble!
JPG
Platinum Member

Post by JPG »

Ed in Tampa wrote:I have found in most situations of life we carry two pails, one filled with water and the other filled with gasoline. Which we throw on a fire is our choice.

The other thread was mercifully "closed" and personally I think we need to let this one die too.

To many things are being hinted at, covertly pointed to and tongue in cheek mentioned that someone is bound to get hurt/angry.

Let us all be water carriers and let this whole subject silently go away.
Agreed up to a point!

A bucket of carbon tet will work better!

But let us not forget the lesson learned(I hope).

Just make sure the best lesson is retained. Even that is subject to opinion!:eek:
╔═══╗
╟JPG ╢
╚═══╝

Goldie(Bought New SN 377425)/4" jointer/6" beltsander/12" planer/stripsander/bandsaw/powerstation /Scroll saw/Jig saw /Craftsman 10" ras/Craftsman 6" thicknessplaner/ Dayton10"tablesaw(restoredfromneighborstrashpile)/ Mark VII restoration in 'progress'/ 10
E[/size](SN E3779) restoration in progress, a 510 on the back burner and a growing pile of items to be eventually returned to useful life. - aka Red Grange
skou
Platinum Member

Post by skou »

JPG wrote:Well 'we' have been purged of what to many was an 'undesirable' member.

Well let he who is without any rough edges that grate upon others 'celebrate'.

I dare say that will be a sparsely attended party!

Some will say there are 'limits', but same can be said of threshold of tolerance.

No question we have been 'spared' future eruptions of that which most of us found to be objectionable, but lost also was an opportunity to learn from him as well. He had some good attributes for sure. I leave it for others to judge the balance.

It appears a couple of 'us' were more tolerant that most. Some might be inclined to label them 'enablers'.

One thing all this did bring out was how intolerant some of us are of differing personalities. That be a slippery slope indeed.

I make no judgement re Admin's action(s) whatever they were. That is his responsibility. I do understand it however and regret it's necessity.
My friend, (hope I can call you that!) THANK YOU!

Some of us do come here, later in the evening, after indulging in an "adult beverage" or 2. Mister "Undesirable" was guilty of that capital offense, as I am, currently. Wonder if I'm next on my "friend from the south'"s hit list. Mister "Undesirable" also had some Model 10 Shopsmiths, as do I. (JPG, aren't you also a member of that {possibly} "to be excluded" club?)

Admin, did you REALLY get the wrong individual? Sure on that? Are the "enablers" next?

Should I really be here, Dusty?

steve
10 ER, stripped down.
Basic 10ER, Parts machine. Will be a semi-dedicated drill-press machine.
10 ER, a "survivor" of the trailer fire, in the back yard, needing restoration. Has a Mk5 headrest. Finally, stripped down.
Numerous parts, for Model 10 stuff. Except for lower saw guard, A and B adapters, I've got it.

Looking for one more, or some 9 inch extension table raisers.
skou
Platinum Member

Post by skou »

Sorry to call a "spade" a spade, but that is how I roll.

Oh;

En Vino, Veritas. (Look it up!)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/In_vino_veritas

steve
10 ER, stripped down.
10 ER, a "survivor" of the trailer fire, in the back yard, needing restoration. Has a Mk5 headrest. Finally, stripped down.
Numerous parts, for Model 10 stuff. Except for lower saw guard, A and B adapters, I've got it.

JPG
Platinum Member

Post by JPG »

OMG Steve!!! We did not need that 'now'.

Tis a time for reflection, healing and sober thought!:D

I much prefer to be called 'friend' than some other adjectives!:rolleyes:

And everyone is indeed a friend until they prove themselves otherwise.;)

Now chill Steve! 'Friendly advice'!:cool:
╔═══╗
╟JPG ╢
╚═══╝

rcplaneguy
Platinum Member

Post by rcplaneguy »

We probably don't know the whole story, and if it is "permanent", or just a time out.
John
skou
Platinum Member

Post by skou »

[quote="JPG"]OMG Steve!!! We did not need that 'now'.

Tis a time for reflection, healing and sober thought!:D

I much prefer to be called 'friend' than some other adjectives!:rolleyes:

And everyone is indeed a friend until they prove themselves otherwise.]

I'm off, possibly for a while. Not you, my friend, but I seem to have a sour taste in my mouth. Might be coming from the "south."

steve
10 ER, stripped down.

JPG
Platinum Member

Post by JPG »

skou wrote:I'm off, possibly for a while. Not you, my friend, but I seem to have a sour taste in my mouth. Might be coming from the "south."

steve

Control those bitter thoughts. They are self destructive.;)

You want the man in the south to tolerate you? Learn to tolerate him first!:)
╔═══╗
╟JPG ╢
╚═══╝