Notice of Absence

Moderators: HopefulSSer, admin

dusty
Platinum Member

Notice of Absence

Post by dusty »

I'll be checking out after this post. I'll check back in occasionally for a while. If the general nature of this forum does not improve there will be no reason to return.

This will be a real loss for me because the forum, until just recently, has been tremendous therapy ever since I first joined.
"Making Sawdust Safely"
Dusty
Sent from my Dell XPS using Firefox.
algale
Platinum Member

Post by algale »

Dusty,

I am disappointed but not surprised by your decision as I also feel the forum has recently gone downhill. Your decision will only make matters worse and accelerate the demise of the forum for those of us who remain for a while longer.

In the event you check back in, thanks for your many posts sharing your techniques, improvements and inventions, several of which I have copied or adapted for my own use and which have made using my Shopsmith a better experience.

Take care,

Al
Jack Wilson
Gold Member

Post by Jack Wilson »

Dusty,

I too am sorry to hear that you will be absent; but also understand you reasoning.

Best regards,

Jack
SS Mark 7 PowerPro, 2 SS Bandsaws, SS Belt Sander, SS Jigsaw, 13" Steel City Lunch Box Planer, SS Jointer, Jet 22-44 Drum Sander
wa2crk
Platinum Member

Post by wa2crk »

Dusty

PM sent
Bill V
reible
Platinum Member

Post by reible »

dusty wrote:I'll be checking out after this post. I'll check back in occasionally for a while. If the general nature of this forum does not improve there will be no reason to return.

This will be a real loss for me because the forum, until just recently, has been tremendous therapy ever since I first joined.
Hi Dusty,

I too understand why you feel the need to do so. I've already lowered my presents here and for the same reasons.

In a movement of solidarity I too will check out after this post.

Same terms as you stated.

Ed
algale
Platinum Member

Post by algale »

Ed,

Thanks for your many contributions, too.

Al
algale
Platinum Member

For Those Of You Counting

Post by algale »

In the span of a couple of hours we have lost our No. 2 and No. 4 contributors, in terms of number of posts.
rjent
Platinum Member

Post by rjent »

I hate to see this happen. I have seen it so many times on forums.

Yes or no. Someone just say so

Is it me? If so, I will bow out.

Dick
Dick
1965 Mark VII S/N 407684
1951 10 ER S/N ER 44570 -- Reborn 9/16/14
1950 10 ER S/N ER 33479 Reborn July 2016
1950 10 ER S/N ER 39671
1951 jigsaw X 2
1951 !0 ER #3 in rebuild
500, Jointer, Bsaw, Bsander, Planer
2014 Mark 7 W/Lift assist - 14 4" Jointer - DC3300
And a plethora of small stuff .....

"The trouble with quotes on the Internet is that you can never know if they are genuine." - Benjamin Franklin
kablerj
Gold Member

Post by kablerj »

This is very disappointing. I was so excited to find this active forum, knowing I would have experienced SS users to turn to.

I haven't been here long enough to understand why people are leaving, but I hope things change in a way that brings them back.
Hello from Somerset in the beautiful Pennsylvania Laurel Highlands.

Mark 7, Mark VII, Mark V 520, Mark V 510 x 2, Mark V 500
SPT's - Band Saw, Jig Saw, Belt Sander, Jointer, strip sander, Oscillating Sander, Speed Increaser
SS Freestanding - Pro Planer, Scroll Saw, Overarm Pin Router, Power Station, DC3000 x 2
Made for SS - Incra iBox, Ring Master

"Honest dear, I can quit any time I want."
JPG
Platinum Member

Post by JPG »

Not much I can say without possibly setting others off, but I will say ANYone who leaves will be missed!
╔═══╗
╟JPG ╢
╚═══╝

Goldie(Bought New SN 377425)/4" jointer/6" beltsander/12" planer/stripsander/bandsaw/powerstation /Scroll saw/Jig saw /Craftsman 10" ras/Craftsman 6" thicknessplaner/ Dayton10"tablesaw(restoredfromneighborstrashpile)/ Mark VII restoration in 'progress'/ 10
E[/size](SN E3779) restoration in progress, a 510 on the back burner and a growing pile of items to be eventually returned to useful life. - aka Red Grange