Any OK SS owners?

Forum for Maintenance and Repair topics. Feel free to ask questions or contribute.

Moderators: HopefulSSer, admin

Gene Howe
Platinum Member

Any OK SS owners?

Post by Gene Howe »

I have a female friend near Tulsa (not sure of her exact location) who will be the proud owner of a SS soon. She doesn't know the model, age or condition. It will be free to her. I've recommended she join us here and pick your brains about her machine.
Her name is Candy. If she shows up, please extend your usual gracious offers of help to her. And if anyone is around close, maybe some hands on help, too. I know she would appreciate it.
Thanks, guys.
Gene

'The true soldier fights not because he hates what is in front of him, but because he loves what is behind him.' G. K. Chesterton
JPG
Platinum Member

Post by JPG »

Gene Howe wrote:I have a female friend near Tulsa (not sure of her exact location) who will be the proud owner of a SS soon. She doesn't know the model, age or condition. It will be free to her. I've recommended she join us here and pick your brains about her machine.
Her name is Candy. If she shows up, please extend your usual gracious offers of help to her. And if anyone is around close, maybe some hands on help, too. I know she would appreciate it.
Thanks, guys.
I am sure Dusty would enjoy some 'hands on' experience.:D
╔═══╗
╟JPG ╢
╚═══╝

Goldie(Bought New SN 377425)/4" jointer/6" beltsander/12" planer/stripsander/bandsaw/powerstation /Scroll saw/Jig saw /Craftsman 10" ras/Craftsman 6" thicknessplaner/ Dayton10"tablesaw(restoredfromneighborstrashpile)/ Mark VII restoration in 'progress'/ 10
E[/size](SN E3779) restoration in progress, a 510 on the back burner and a growing pile of items to be eventually returned to useful life. - aka Red Grange
Gene Howe
Platinum Member

Post by Gene Howe »

She's married and Dusty lives too far away, anyhow.
Gene

'The true soldier fights not because he hates what is in front of him, but because he loves what is behind him.' G. K. Chesterton
JPG
Platinum Member

Post by JPG »

Gene Howe wrote:She's married and Dusty lives too far away, anyhow.
Relax Dusty, you're safe!:D
╔═══╗
╟JPG ╢
╚═══╝

Goldie(Bought New SN 377425)/4" jointer/6" beltsander/12" planer/stripsander/bandsaw/powerstation /Scroll saw/Jig saw /Craftsman 10" ras/Craftsman 6" thicknessplaner/ Dayton10"tablesaw(restoredfromneighborstrashpile)/ Mark VII restoration in 'progress'/ 10
E[/size](SN E3779) restoration in progress, a 510 on the back burner and a growing pile of items to be eventually returned to useful life. - aka Red Grange
dusty
Platinum Member

Post by dusty »

I am sure that I would enjoy the opportunity to provide some hands on assistance to anyone with a Shopsmith that needs some TLC. If married, it is all the better. Bring the spouse along. Two extra hands to scrub, scour and wax just gets the job done faster. :):)
"Making Sawdust Safely"
Dusty
Sent from my Dell XPS using Firefox.
roy_okc
Platinum Member

Post by roy_okc »

I do believe there are at least a couple forum members who live in the Tulsa vicinity.

I'm about 100 miles from Tulsa in Moore (OKC suburb/tornado central). Unfortunately, I don't get to Tulsa very often, although I'd be open to hosting an introductory session.

Roy
JPG
Platinum Member

Post by JPG »

Tulsa! I been thinking Tucson. Misread it earlier.:o
╔═══╗
╟JPG ╢
╚═══╝

wlhayesmfs
Platinum Member

Post by wlhayesmfs »

I am in Broken Arrow and this is connected to Tulsa on the South East side. Love to help anyone that needs it.Just get with me.
Bill :)
Broken Arrow OK
MKV, 510, MKVll, 50th Anniversary 520 with Jointech saw train, Bandsaw, scroll saw, joiner, 6" Sander,Stand Alone Pin Router and Router Table, Strip Sander, Jigsaw & (4) ER's plus Jigsaw for ER. DC SS RAS
"Wild Bad Bob"
Platinum Member

Post by "Wild Bad Bob" »

JPG, I noticed this on a few threads the past week, you are not sharp, missing things, Tulsa, Tuzon, come on, there were a few others, I think one of mine too!
Over worked? Too much time on here "trying to fix alls? I worry about you!!
Sent with love.
Bob
Measure once, cut as many times as needed to get it right! Bob
56/57 Greenie with jointer, 85 Mark V with band saw, 63 Goldie with jointer, 3 ER 10s, 1951 vintage, Hernia from the Er 10s, Tool Shop SS clone 6" jointer, and 6" belt sander, Delta 10" TS, Buffalo 6" jointer, Craftsman 12" BS, 10" Ryobi planer. Compound Miter, and misc.
JPG
Platinum Member

Post by JPG »

rbursek wrote:JPG, I noticed this on a few threads the past week, you are not sharp, missing things, Tulsa, Tuzon, come on, there were a few others, I think one of mine too!
Over worked? Too much time on here "trying to fix alls? I worry about you!!
Sent with love.
Bob

Fear not! Tis just a matter of not paying attention to perceived non-important details(spelling of words). TUlsa becomes TUscon if read over too fast in a post from an AZ resident. Guilty by association.

Besides I get interrupted often by SWMBO.:(

Now you spelling repertoire 'reporter' did get me confused, but that was your fault. :D

Shhhhhh you have exposed my fallibility.:eek:
╔═══╗
╟JPG ╢
╚═══╝