Was just given a Shopsmith Mark V starting year serial number 1954

Moderators: HopefulSSer, admin

w1ngnu7
Bronze Member

Was just given a Shopsmith Mark V starting year serial number 1954

Post by w1ngnu7 »

I had a pretty fully furnished shop already with the exception of a lathe so that will be the first thing I use this for.

It works great and was well taken care of so for being 60 years old, it’s a real champ, and I love the nostalgia of it, even if no one else I know understands.

Really happy to have found this group and all of the excellent resources to get the most out of this machine.
JPG
Platinum Member

Post by JPG »

w1ngnu7 wrote:I had a pretty fully furnished shop already with the exception of a lathe so that will be the first thing I use this for.

It works great and was well taken care of so for being 60 years old, it’s a real champ, and I love the nostalgia of it, even if no one else I know understands.

Really happy to have found this group and all of the excellent resources to get the most out of this machine.
Welcome to the funny farm!

FWIW it is a Mark 5. Most likely green as well. Hence a 'Greenie'.

As Beeg is often moved to post, Lube and Align it!:D
╔═══╗
╟JPG ╢
╚═══╝

Goldie(Bought New SN 377425)/4" jointer/6" beltsander/12" planer/stripsander/bandsaw/powerstation /Scroll saw/Jig saw /Craftsman 10" ras/Craftsman 6" thicknessplaner/ Dayton10"tablesaw(restoredfromneighborstrashpile)/ Mark VII restoration in 'progress'/ 10
E[/size](SN E3779) restoration in progress, a 510 on the back burner and a growing pile of items to be eventually returned to useful life. - aka Red Grange
rdavidp
Gold Member

Post by rdavidp »

JPG40504 wrote:Welcome to the funny farm!

FWIW it is a Mark 5. Most likely green as well. Hence a 'Greenie'.

As Beeg is often moved to post, Lube and Align it!:D
And most importantly, pictures must be posted.