Shavings 1975-1979

This is a forum for intermediate to advanced woodworkers. Show off your projects or share your ideas.

Moderators: HopefulSSer, admin

stephen_a._draper
Gold Member

Shavings 1975-1979

Post by stephen_a._draper »

I am looking for the issues of Shavings published by Shopsmith Inc. for the Mark V 500. I am NOT looking for the issues #1-10 published by Magna Corporation for the 10 ER in the 1950s. If anyone has these I am interested in obtaining a copy if you are willing to photocopy them. If there is a site that already has them in PDF format I would also be interested in knowing that information. Thanks!
Shopsmith Mark V 500, planer, bandsaw, jointer, belt sander. Grizzly central dust collection 6" PVC trunk.
Stephen A. Draper
Bellevue Nebraska
reddog5362
Gold Member

Post by reddog5362 »

I don't know what I'm talking about so take this for what it is, an attempt to help. Here's a link to issue 10 which indicates it's the last issue and that the name of the magazine is changing to shopmag.

http://vintagemachinery.org/pubs/338/2724.pdf

SSUG has a PDF copy of issue #2 of ShopMag. Looks like it might be earlier than what you were looking for but it shows a Mk V and not an ER.

I don't know if SS resurrected shavings in the 70's or not but somebody here probably does.
stephen_a._draper
Gold Member

Shopsmith Shavings

Post by stephen_a._draper »

Here is a link to one that sold yesterday on ebay so you know what I am talking about. The current Shopsmith Inc company published this for four years from 1975-1979, six issues per year until they changed it to Hands On in Sep/Oct 1979.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Shopsmith-Shavi ... true&rt=nc
Shopsmith Mark V 500, planer, bandsaw, jointer, belt sander. Grizzly central dust collection 6" PVC trunk.
Stephen A. Draper
Bellevue Nebraska
reddog5362
Gold Member

Post by reddog5362 »

Interesting. I'm surprised they don't have copies of it up on their site with the hands on stuff. I'll keep an eyes out.