Have kids NOW.

Moderators: HopefulSSer, admin

mrhart
Platinum Member

Have kids NOW.

Post by mrhart »

After 18 years of marrage and a hers mine and ours type of arrangement, after years of school cloths shopping, homework, last minute projects on Sunday nights, track, cheer, football, baseball-lots of baseball, soccer, drivers training, cell phones, curfues, principals, coaches, broken window-cars-furnature-virtually everything, endless friends, sleepovers, move ins and outs, and an inconcievable amount of groceries....it comes around.

Our collection of children have surprised us with a week long trip to Kauai next week. Bam! that there's a good brood a chickens!
My prize and I have never been on a week vacation (other than camping with them and all their friends) since we began the voyage 18 years ago. Let alone gong somewhere that far or warm. Simply humbling.

I'm describing it like this. There is a good chance we won't come back. It's kinda like letting the dog out of the yard and they go ape shit because they've never seen past the fence before. I'm gonna run stupid until my tongue is hangin out and I need to lie in the shade. I'm gonna lose my way and get picked up by the Hawaiian dog pound and I won't be wearing a collar. I'll be euthanized with a smile on my face and a mouthful of pineapple. Maybe I'll put a chip in my ear.

As of next Sunday, I'm a traveler :D but with my eyes open for the illusive Hawaiian Oak tree.
R Hart
joshh
Platinum Member

Post by joshh »

What a great post!! Please let me know how you like it. My fiancé and I are deciding between the Virgin Islands and Hawaii. I took her to Atlantis in the Bahamas after I proposed. You are right in that you REALLY don't want to come back :D
dlbristol
Platinum Member

Post by dlbristol »

NICE enjoy!!!
Saw dust heals many wounds. RLTW
Dave
reddog5362
Gold Member

Post by reddog5362 »

Congrats! Have a blast.
letterk
Gold Member

Post by letterk »

Haha :) that is what I said when we went to California 2 years ago. San Diego could probably tempt me, but driving through California from Las Vegas the landscape was too brown for me, I miss the green grass. On the way home went through Yuma and asked the tempature it was 102 at 9am.

California trip we drove and went through 15 states. I guess this summer I'll find out what Orlando Florida is like an possibly go through 18 states. The drives are long, but it gives my wife and I enjoy the chance to see things we've never seen.

Pretty fun traveling, before I was married I had never been more than 500 miles away from Minneapolis. Been to Jamaica, Paris, Washington DC and soon to be Florida.
BuckeyeDennis
Platinum Member

Post by BuckeyeDennis »

mrhart wrote:After 18 years of marrage and a hers mine and ours type of arrangement, after years of school cloths shopping, homework, last minute projects on Sunday nights, track, cheer, football, baseball-lots of baseball, soccer, drivers training, cell phones, curfues, principals, coaches, broken window-cars-furnature-virtually everything, endless friends, sleepovers, move ins and outs, and an inconcievable amount of groceries....it comes around.

Our collection of children have surprised us with a week long trip to Kauai next week. Bam! that there's a good brood a chickens!
My prize and I have never been on a week vacation (other than camping with them and all their friends) since we began the voyage 18 years ago. Let alone gong somewhere that far or warm. Simply humbling.

I'm describing it like this. There is a good chance we won't come back. It's kinda like letting the dog out of the yard and they go ape shit because they've never seen past the fence before. I'm gonna run stupid until my tongue is hangin out and I need to lie in the shade. I'm gonna lose my way and get picked up by the Hawaiian dog pound and I won't be wearing a collar. I'll be euthanized with a smile on my face and a mouthful of pineapple. Maybe I'll put a chip in my ear.

As of next Sunday, I'm a traveler :D but with my eyes open for the illusive Hawaiian Oak tree.
That was so eloquent and heartfelt, I immediately shared it with my wife. She had been practically begging for a vacation just a couple hours ago, following a long weekend of rising early for kids sports and church ushering. (At least she did't have to tote a gazillion bags of mulch for the Boy Scout fundraiser early Saturday morning.) Our youngest two, the twins, are almost 14. So only 4 more years until we can join you in Paradise!
beeg
Platinum Member

Post by beeg »

BuckeyeDennis wrote:Our youngest two, the twins, are almost 14. So only 4 more years until we can join you in Paradise!
Unless they stick around till their 26. :eek:
SS 500(09/1980), DC3300, jointer, bandsaw, belt sander, Strip Sander, drum sanders,molder, dado, biscuit joiner, universal lathe tool rest, Oneway talon chuck, router bits & chucks and a De Walt 735 planer,a #5,#6, block planes. ALL in a 100 square foot shop.

Bob
BuckeyeDennis
Platinum Member

Post by BuckeyeDennis »

beeg wrote:Unless they stick around till their 26. :eek:
Isn't that legal grounds for "justifiable" homicide? :rolleyes:
eartigas
Gold Member

Post by eartigas »

Stay home long is the new normal. Parents have to afford what children can't.

At least is what the statistics say. I have a 16 y/o and an 11 y/o so don't know yet.

Ed
Ed
Carmel, NY
JPG
Platinum Member

Post by JPG »

eartigas wrote:Stay home long is the new normal. Parents have to afford what children can't.

At least is what the statistics say. I have a 16 y/o and an 11 y/o so don't know yet.

Ed

Sounds like a self fulfilling prophecy. Where is the 'incentive' to become 'self supporting'?

Struggle begets gumption.;)

My own standard of living was back then waaaay below what kids today consider 'normal/typical'(and I am sure my father's was even further below).
╔═══╗
╟JPG ╢
╚═══╝

Goldie(Bought New SN 377425)/4" jointer/6" beltsander/12" planer/stripsander/bandsaw/powerstation /Scroll saw/Jig saw /Craftsman 10" ras/Craftsman 6" thicknessplaner/ Dayton10"tablesaw(restoredfromneighborstrashpile)/ Mark VII restoration in 'progress'/ 10
E[/size](SN E3779) restoration in progress, a 510 on the back burner and a growing pile of items to be eventually returned to useful life. - aka Red Grange