Don't Screw Up Your Facebook Account

Moderators: HopefulSSer, admin

dusty
Platinum Member

Don't Screw Up Your Facebook Account

Post by dusty »

If you have a Facebook Account and you feel a need to make any sort of changes - BE CAREFUL.

It is extremely easy to screw up and once you do it is a real pain to correct.

Once you have a Facebook Account, be careful that you don't somehow create a second account. If you do manage to create a second account and any of the security information is used in both, Boy Do Yo Have Problems.

I have been through the ringer with FB ever since I created the User Account on this computer. When I did that, I wanted access to my FB and I made mistakes that caused all kinds of confusion.

The Moral To The Story: Don't Make Mistakes When Working In Facebook. Recovery is a pain.
"Making Sawdust Safely"
Dusty
Sent from my Dell XPS using Firefox.
Ed in Tampa
Platinum Member

Post by Ed in Tampa »

dusty wrote:If you have a Facebook Account and you feel a need to make any sort of changes - BE CAREFUL.

It is extremely easy to screw up and once you do it is a real pain to correct.

Once you have a Facebook Account, be careful that you don't somehow create a second account. If you do manage to create a second account and any of the security information is used in both, Boy Do Yo Have Problems.

I have been through the ringer with FB ever since I created the User Account on this computer. When I did that, I wanted access to my FB and I made mistakes that caused all kinds of confusion.

The Moral To The Story: Don't Make Mistakes When Working In Facebook. Recovery is a pain.

The chruch we attend decided to use facebook for a women's bible study. I set up an account for my wife. I regret that!

To me Facebook is the biggest portal other people have for getting into your personal information. From facebook I can learn almost every security question used by industry today. Like what city were you born, what school did you attend, mother's maiden name, street you lived on, first pet, favorite color, the list is almost endless. I thought privacy settings were useful until my grandson showed me things about people I can't believe anyone was dumb enough to put on a computer.

So Dusty thanks for your warnings what I would like to know is how to get my wife's facebook account totally off the internet.

To me facebook is the best way to guarantee you will be hacked.
Ed in Tampa
Stay out of trouble!
Gene Howe
Platinum Member

Post by Gene Howe »

We had a FB account for two weeks and some a$$ hat tried to scam an old high school friend of my wife's, pretending to be my wife and saying we were stranded in London and needed $1200 to get back home.:eek: The friend called wife's bro. in the same town and he assured her we were not in London.
We immediately canceled our membership. Don't know if anything remains, but we didn't put much on it in the first place.
Ed in Tampa wrote: Snipped

To me facebook is the best way to guarantee you will be hacked.
Gene

'The true soldier fights not because he hates what is in front of him, but because he loves what is behind him.' G. K. Chesterton
dusty
Platinum Member

Post by dusty »

Facebook Security (for any specific individual) is absolute but only if the person answering the questions is concerned about the potential consequences.

I have a FB account and there is NO personal information revealed that is not readily available from other public record sources. Most all of the personal data requested is optional.

Do not use a password that is used anywhere else.

I am unaware of any procedure to "DELETE" a FB account. I believe the best you can do is deactivate it. If you plan to do that, change the pass word IMMEDIATELY before you plan to deactivate. Make that new pass word something that you would never use again and won't remember longer than it takes to deactivate.

CAUTIONARY COMMENT:

However, if you think you might want to go back into that account - you need to know that password.
"Making Sawdust Safely"
Dusty
Sent from my Dell XPS using Firefox.
terrydowning
Platinum Member

Post by terrydowning »

google
delete my facebook account permanently
The first entry is the support page from facebook.

I can't get the exact hyperlink right now as I'm at work and facebook is blocked.
--
Terry
Copy and paste the URLs into your browser if you want to see the photos.

1955 Shopsmith Mark 5 S/N 296860 Workshop and Tools
https://1drv.ms/i/s!AmpX5k8IhN7ahFCo9VvTDsCpoV_g

Public Photos of Projects
http://sdrv.ms/MaXNLX
charlese
Platinum Member

In My Humble Opinion

Post by charlese »

The problem wasn't the second account - it was the first one.
Octogenarian's have an earned right to be a curmudgeon.
Chuck in Lancaster, CA
joedw00
Platinum Member

Post by joedw00 »

I had a Facebook account for about two months and deleted it. I just don't need to know that you are at somewhere eating. They tell you just about everything they do. I guess I am too old to care. We don't have internet or text on our phones.
Joe

520, Bandsaw, Beltsander, Delta Drill Press, Delta Lathe, Craftsman Planner/Jointer, Delta Planner, Mini "Greenie" Shorty 500

Being a VETERAN is an honor
Being a GRANDPA is priceless
Gene Howe
Platinum Member

Post by Gene Howe »

Our phones have cords.
Gene

'The true soldier fights not because he hates what is in front of him, but because he loves what is behind him.' G. K. Chesterton
Ed in Tampa
Platinum Member

Post by Ed in Tampa »

Gene Howe wrote:Our phones have cords.
How do you find your wife in the mall? :D
That is basically my only use of the cell phone to call my wife and find out where in the mall she is and when she is ready to leave. I have considered a walkie talkie.
Ed in Tampa
Stay out of trouble!
fixit
Gold Member

Post by fixit »

My method prior to having a cell phone was to stand in one place and when she ran out of money she would find ME! Never failed.:D:D

Now I send her a text message and she answers - especially quickly if it's close to lunch time.
----------------------------------------
Leonard
La Vernia, TX
Wood Goods - Custom Woodwork
EMAIL: woodgoods "at" lavernia "dot" net
PowerPro 520, PowerPro 500 (was my father's 500), SS jointer, SS Mark V mount planer, SS bandsaws (2), belt sander, scroll saw, SS jig saws (2), strip sander, Jointech system, 12" Delta Compound Miter Saw, a small collection of routers, a router table and a Delta Unisaw. All in a 24' x 24' shop.