520 fence alignment

Forum for people who are new to woodworking. Feel free to ask questions or contribute.

Moderators: HopefulSSer, admin

dusty
Platinum Member

Post by dusty »

I have to either double click to select a file or select a file (single click) and then click on "open" and then click on upload. As previously stated, you should be able to upload five files at a time. I am using Firefox if that makes a difference.
"Making Sawdust Safely"
Dusty
Sent from my Dell XPS using Firefox.
JPG
Platinum Member

Post by JPG »

dusty wrote:I have to either double click to select a file or select a file (single click) and then click on "open" and then click on upload. As previously stated, you should be able to upload five files at a time. I am using Firefox if that makes a difference.
One of the first things I 'disable' with a 'new' windows machine is 'double click'. So I never say to do so. ;)

I have never understood the reason for double clicking. Do you really want to do what you just told me to do! ARGHHHH:eek:
╔═══╗
╟JPG ╢
╚═══╝

Goldie(Bought New SN 377425)/4" jointer/6" beltsander/12" planer/stripsander/bandsaw/powerstation /Scroll saw/Jig saw /Craftsman 10" ras/Craftsman 6" thicknessplaner/ Dayton10"tablesaw(restoredfromneighborstrashpile)/ Mark VII restoration in 'progress'/ 10
E[/size](SN E3779) restoration in progress, a 510 on the back burner and a growing pile of items to be eventually returned to useful life. - aka Red Grange
dusty
Platinum Member

Post by dusty »

[quote="JPG"]One of the first things I 'disable' with a 'new' windows machine is 'double click'. So I never say to do so. ]

I don't really care one way or the other but when I follow your directions I don't get a file loaded because one has not been selected unless I "double click" OR I (single) click on the file and then single click on "open".

You apparently have found a way to avoid the double click. Good for you but I am not going there.

Magoo: I hope we have not confused the issue here more than it already was.
"Making Sawdust Safely"
Dusty
Sent from my Dell XPS using Firefox.
JPG
Platinum Member

Post by JPG »

dusty wrote:I don't really care one way or the other but when I follow your directions I don't get a file loaded because one has not been selected unless I "double click" OR I (single) click on the file and then single click on "open".

You apparently have found a way to avoid the double click. Good for you but I am not going there.

Magoo: I hope we have not confused the issue here more than it already was.
Yes 'selecting a file' involves both 'selecting' it and 'opening it'. But that is a windows function being used by the forum.

Selecting it can be either typing it in or scrolling through the screen etc.

We be nit picking fer sure!;)
╔═══╗
╟JPG ╢
╚═══╝

Goldie(Bought New SN 377425)/4" jointer/6" beltsander/12" planer/stripsander/bandsaw/powerstation /Scroll saw/Jig saw /Craftsman 10" ras/Craftsman 6" thicknessplaner/ Dayton10"tablesaw(restoredfromneighborstrashpile)/ Mark VII restoration in 'progress'/ 10
E[/size](SN E3779) restoration in progress, a 510 on the back burner and a growing pile of items to be eventually returned to useful life. - aka Red Grange
Mike907
Platinum Member

Post by Mike907 »

magoo wrote:Is there a way to attach more than one photo to a reply? It seems to only let me have one in que at a time. When attempting to add additional photos just reprints the same photo multiple times. Will attach one and go from there.
Have you made sure that each image has a different name? If not, each image will replace the previous one.

Mike
magoo
Silver Member

Found the Gremlin in the fence

Post by magoo »

Curiosity finally won out over fear of taking the fence apart and not being able to get it back together again. The casting is cracked on the right side. Of course with a gap on the right it is out of line left. Here is the pic and only need one this time. Thank you everybody for all the help, suggestions, pictures, etc. It all helped. Does SS sell just the part that is broke?[ATTACH]26612[/ATTACH]
Attachments
image.jpg
image.jpg (70.53 KiB) Viewed 4465 times
JPG
Platinum Member

Post by JPG »

Mike907 wrote:Have you made sure that each image has a different name? If not, each image will replace the previous one.

Mike

BINGO!

All his files attached are named the same!!! (image.jpg)
╔═══╗
╟JPG ╢
╚═══╝

magoo
Silver Member

Post by magoo »

Think the problem with the pics may be am using an apple iPad which doesn't use windows. There is a PC upstairs buried under 2 years of waiting to be filed and one of these days will get enough energy to dig it out and see if it is different.
JPG
Platinum Member

Post by JPG »

magoo wrote:Curiosity finally won out over fear of taking the fence apart and not being able to get it back together again. The casting is cracked on the right side. Of course with a gap on the right it is out of line left. Here is the pic and only need one this time. Thank you everybody for all the help, suggestions, pictures, etc. It all helped. Does SS sell just the part that is broke?[ATTACH]26612[/ATTACH]
A call to the mother ship will answer that!

The answer is yes!!!

Be prepared for sticker shock!:eek:
╔═══╗
╟JPG ╢
╚═══╝

mbcabinetmaker
Platinum Member

Post by mbcabinetmaker »

:o Oops posted in the wrong place.

Mark

2017 Power Pro Mark 7
2002 50th anniversary model 520
and a few other woodworking tools.