What does your shop look like?

This is a forum for intermediate to advanced woodworkers. Show off your projects or share your ideas.

Moderators: HopefulSSer, admin

berry
Platinum Member

My Shop

Post by berry »

Great idea Spider. I really enjoy seeing other shops and ya never know what ideas you might pick up.

My shop is on the lower lever of our split level house in St. Paul. 12' x 14' with 80" ceiling (thank goodness I'm short). We have real winters here (I still have some snow in the yard and it was 70 the last two days) and I couldn't afford to heat another building. I suppose I could use a wood burner but what a pain to shovel a path to the outbuilding and then build a fire to work an hour or two. I didn't see the garage as an option either because I don't want to clean the snow and or ice off before setting off for work everyday. It had to be inside.

We have a forced hot air/AC system, so I blocked the registers and returns from the space. The door fits well and for the most part dust is contained.

I just have my original '82 SS with the jointer, bandsaw, and belt sander. I have a Delta lunch box planner, a hand made downdraft sanding table, Milwaukee chop saw, and Delta scroll saw. All in the shop. I often cut PW to size in the garage and I sometimes use the garage for finishing, May to October. I also store most of my wood in the garage. I can use the family room from time to time to do assembly of larger projects.

These photos are from when I was working on our kitchen cabinets. I drilling the 35mm holes for the Euro style hinges for all the doors. The door I'm working on is 23" x 38".

[ATTACH]12688[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]12689[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]12690[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]12691[/ATTACH]
Attachments
IMG_0651.jpg
IMG_0651.jpg (74.76 KiB) Viewed 1992 times
IMG_0654.jpg
IMG_0654.jpg (74.43 KiB) Viewed 1991 times
IMG_0655.jpg
IMG_0655.jpg (72.31 KiB) Viewed 1994 times
IMG_0658.jpg
IMG_0658.jpg (64.73 KiB) Viewed 1994 times
New Leaf Custom Woodworking
Berry Conway - Chief Dust Maker
dusty
Platinum Member

Post by dusty »

Berry, I am interested in what you have for an on/off switch on the Mark V.

If it is what I believe I see, I sure would appreciate a part number.
"Making Sawdust Safely"
Dusty
Sent from my Dell XPS using Firefox.
joedw00
Platinum Member

Post by joedw00 »

dusty wrote:Berry, I am interested in what you have for an on/off switch on the Mark V.

If it is what I believe I see, I sure would appreciate a part number.
I would too. Maybe it would last longer the the one that came with it. I can't believe I have to replace it so soon. At least it went out in the on position, and I can plug and unplug it to use it until I get a new one. I would also like to see a closeup of the switch.
Joe

520, Bandsaw, Beltsander, Delta Drill Press, Delta Lathe, Craftsman Planner/Jointer, Delta Planner, Mini "Greenie" Shorty 500

Being a VETERAN is an honor
Being a GRANDPA is priceless
berry
Platinum Member

Switch Info

Post by berry »

The switch is Rockler's. Link below.

http://www.rockler.com/product.cfm?page ... ter=switch

I got it with one of their coupons for about $15. I've had it about 2 years and it works great. I wanted a bigger STOP switch. I can use a elbow or my knee on this and it's easier to find under the table when my eyes are glued to the work above. (I have one on the router table now too.)

Because the surface of the headstock is curved, I bandsawed a mounting plate, to approximate profile of the headstock and mounted that. Then attached the the switch my mounting plate.

I'm sure others here have done this and someone attached it much lower on the headstock, which I considered, but then went this way.

[ATTACH]12698[/ATTACH]
Attachments
IMG_1041.jpg
IMG_1041.jpg (58.87 KiB) Viewed 2082 times
New Leaf Custom Woodworking
Berry Conway - Chief Dust Maker
Stitch
Gold Member

Post by Stitch »

Thank you, Berry. Good information. I want something like this.
joedw00
Platinum Member

Post by joedw00 »

Berry
Thanks for the picture.
Joe

520, Bandsaw, Beltsander, Delta Drill Press, Delta Lathe, Craftsman Planner/Jointer, Delta Planner, Mini "Greenie" Shorty 500

Being a VETERAN is an honor
Being a GRANDPA is priceless
S Brian
Gold Member

The Woodshop Below

Post by S Brian »

I finally took some photos of my basement shop. I had a small catastrophe a couple of weeks ago, when I had a water line leak in the ceiling. I had to drop a couple of lights and a ceiling panel and just today put it all back together. My shop is 28' x 12.5'.

We built our home twenty-three years ago and a year later I added the wall to close in my shop. It has been a work in progress since and now that I am recently retired, I am enjoying all the more. My latest project was building the stand for my new Delta Midi-Lathe.
Attachments
Shop1.jpg
Shop1.jpg (112.22 KiB) Viewed 1939 times
Shop2.jpg
Shop2.jpg (113.96 KiB) Viewed 1931 times
Shop3.jpg
Shop3.jpg (112.59 KiB) Viewed 1926 times
Shop4.jpg
Shop4.jpg (112.78 KiB) Viewed 1929 times
Brian
Mark V-500 Purchased New In 1980, SS Bandsaw (free), SS Jointer, SS 6x48 Belt Sander (free), SS Storage Station (free), Powermatic 64A Table Saw, Powermatic 1140F Drill Press, Delta 46-460 Midi-Lathe, Delta Scrollsaw, Bosch 12" Dual Compound Miter Saw, MLCS Router Table w/Bosch Router, Penn State dust collector.
robinson46176
Platinum Member

Post by robinson46176 »

Well that is disgustingly tidy. :D

--
farmer
Francis Robinson
I did not equip with Shopsmiths in spite of the setups but because of them.
1 1988 - Mark V 510 (bought new), 4 Poly vee 1 1/8th HP Mark V's, Mark VII, 1 Mark V Mini, 1 Frankensmith, 1 10-ER, 1 Mark V Push-me-Pull-me Drillpress, SS bandsaw, belt sander, jointer, jigsaw, shaper attach, mortising attach, TS-3650 Rigid tablesaw, RAS, 6" long bed jointer, Foley/Belsaw Planer/molder/ripsaw, 1" sander, oscillating spindle/belt sander, Scroll saw, Woodmizer sawmill
JPG
Platinum Member

Post by JPG »

robinson46176 wrote:Well that is disgustingly tidy. :D

That is because he does not have enough hammers!:D
╔═══╗
╟JPG ╢
╚═══╝

Goldie(Bought New SN 377425)/4" jointer/6" beltsander/12" planer/stripsander/bandsaw/powerstation /Scroll saw/Jig saw /Craftsman 10" ras/Craftsman 6" thicknessplaner/ Dayton10"tablesaw(restoredfromneighborstrashpile)/ Mark VII restoration in 'progress'/ 10
E[/size](SN E3779) restoration in progress, a 510 on the back burner and a growing pile of items to be eventually returned to useful life. - aka Red Grange
S Brian
Gold Member

Post by S Brian »

robinson46176 wrote:Well that is disgustingly tidy. :D

Thanks Mr. Robinson and I agree. Saturday I was in the middle of a cedar flower box build, with lots of pieces parts and sawdust around. Today after re-installing the lights, I decided to clean house. After tomorrow it will be more cluttered and look like a working shop again.
Brian
Mark V-500 Purchased New In 1980, SS Bandsaw (free), SS Jointer, SS 6x48 Belt Sander (free), SS Storage Station (free), Powermatic 64A Table Saw, Powermatic 1140F Drill Press, Delta 46-460 Midi-Lathe, Delta Scrollsaw, Bosch 12" Dual Compound Miter Saw, MLCS Router Table w/Bosch Router, Penn State dust collector.