10E/ER? Parts California

Forum for Maintenance and Repair topics. Feel free to ask questions or contribute.

Moderators: HopefulSSer, admin

tkhudson
Gold Member

10E/ER? Parts California

Post by tkhudson »

Ive got a 10E carcass (good headstock, tubes that are in fairly restorable shape ( better than the ones on my restored machine) most castings and a set of OEM Legs. Any takers? Im just north of the San Francisco Bay Area. I need to do some serious downsizing as I have no room to do projects and I really dont want to hang on to this till "I need something" as I doubt any of these parts will ever fail unless I do something Im not supposed to
dusty
Platinum Member

Post by dusty »

tkhudson wrote:Ive got a 10E carcass (good headstock, tubes that are in fairly restorable shape ( better than the ones on my restored machine) most castings and a set of OEM Legs. Any takers? Im just north of the San Francisco Bay Area. I need to do some serious downsizing as I have no room to do projects and I really dont want to hang on to this till "I need something" as I doubt any of these parts will ever fail unless I do something Im not supposed to
Consider the 10ER tubes before you let them go. They are heavier than the Mark V tubes and you might want to mount them instead of what you have on the Mark V.
"Making Sawdust Safely"
Dusty
Sent from my Dell XPS using Firefox.
tkhudson
Gold Member

Post by tkhudson »

dusty wrote:Consider the 10ER tubes before you let them go. They are heavier than the Mark V tubes and you might want to mount them instead of what you have on the Mark V.

I thought about that, but after spending all last winter with my Greenie and 10E restorations.I want to make some sawdust. The damned 10E was killing me, as soon as I almost finished it. I saw this other one, complete with table, fence, SPEED CHANGER, 5/ 8" arbor AND casters for 50 BUCKS!, I had to get it and canabalize so I could add to my 10E restoration, sad thing is the castings look better than the ones Ive already restored. But Im done.. so freaking DONE! I am proud to say Ive done it all from scrounging Hammertone Verde Green to spinning tubes. I can cross this one off of my bucket list. There is nothing FREE about a FREE shopsmith. The sad thing now is having to decide which SS to work with.
wlhayesmfs
Platinum Member

Post by wlhayesmfs »

Not a sad thing, work with all of them. I have one as a drill press, one with the band saw, one with the jointer, and one as a table saw. I have another that will be a lathe when I am done.
Now to add the second Spt one the MKV's to double their loads.
:D
Bill :)
Broken Arrow OK
MKV, 510, MKVll, 50th Anniversary 520 with Jointech saw train, Bandsaw, scroll saw, joiner, 6" Sander,Stand Alone Pin Router and Router Table, Strip Sander, Jigsaw & (4) ER's plus Jigsaw for ER. DC SS RAS
tkhudson
Gold Member

Post by tkhudson »

wlhayesmfs wrote:Not a sad thing, work with all of them. I have one as a drill press, one with the band saw, one with the jointer, and one as a table saw. I have another that will be a lathe when I am done.
Now to add the second Spt one the MKV's to double their loads.
:D

Oh not a sad thing at all... but with only about a 14' square shop, a radial, band saw, planer, chop station, 2 SS, a router table, drill press, jointer and a combination disk/6x48 belt sander... things get a little tight. The 10E was kind of like having another child late in life... some things have to change, but its a good thing
JPG
Platinum Member

Post by JPG »

tkhudson wrote:Oh not a sad thing at all... but with only about a 14' square shop, a radial, band saw, planer, chop station, 2 SS, a router table, drill press, jointer and a combination disk/6x48 belt sander... things get a little tight. The 10E was kind of like having another child late in life... some things have to change, but its a good thing
Have you considered 'breaking it down' to 'store the spare parts'?
╔═══╗
╟JPG ╢
╚═══╝

Goldie(Bought New SN 377425)/4" jointer/6" beltsander/12" planer/stripsander/bandsaw/powerstation /Scroll saw/Jig saw /Craftsman 10" ras/Craftsman 6" thicknessplaner/ Dayton10"tablesaw(restoredfromneighborstrashpile)/ Mark VII restoration in 'progress'/ 10
E[/size](SN E3779) restoration in progress, a 510 on the back burner and a growing pile of items to be eventually returned to useful life. - aka Red Grange
tkhudson
Gold Member

Post by tkhudson »

JPG40504 wrote:Have you considered 'breaking it down' to 'store the spare parts'?

Like I said earlier.. Im pretty much out of space and thought I'd offer the thing to anyone on here.
gregascull
Bronze Member

Post by gregascull »

I sent you a PM with my contact information. I Just got my 10E yesterday and am hoping to find some needed parts to cleanup and get working on mine as I undergo my restoration.