Looking for a Shopsmith Manual?

Forum for people who are new to woodworking. Feel free to ask questions or contribute.

Moderators: HopefulSSer, admin

charlese
Platinum Member

Looking for a Shopsmith Manual?

Post by charlese »

Got this e-mail today - Some of us have been looking for manuals lately.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Owner’s Manuals you need to use and maintain your Shopsmith Tools for optimal performance

If you’ve lost your Shopsmith Tool Manuals or have inherited or purchased some used Shopsmith Tools…but your acquisition didn’t include Owner’s Manuals…here’s your chance to get the Manuals you need to properly align, operate and maintain them.

[align=left]And if you’re thinking ”Why do I need a Manual ?” …at these prices (most Manuals are under $10)… perhaps you should think again…especially if you’re new to woodworking.

[align=left]Alignment The alignment procedures for some Tools can be complicated, especially without instructions. And a tool that’s not properly aligned, certainly won’t perform properly.[/align]

[align=left]Maintenance Do you know what parts need periodic cleaning and what to lubricate, how often and what lubricant to use to prevent damage to your tool?[/align]

[align=left]Changing/Replacing Components Do you know the proper procedures for changing knives, blades and belts?[/align]

[align=left]These are all important issues that you will eventually have to address.[/align]

[align=left]So…spend a few dollars now for proper documentation and you’ll enjoy improved performance and a longer life for your Shopsmith Tools. You can take that to the bank. [/align]
[/align]

[align=left]This could easily be the very best investment you’ll make in your Shopsmith Tools [/align]
[/color]

NOTE: All Manuals listed here include a parts

[align=center]list & exploded view drawing [/align]

Tool Manual
Price
Shopsmith (Model 10-ER)
$ 9.99
Shopsmith MARK V (Model 500 only)
$29.99
Shopsmith MARK V (Models 500 / 510 / 520)
$29.99
Shopsmith MARK V (Model 500 only – with Power Tool Woodworking Textbook & Self-Study Course)
$119.97
$149.97 value

[align=center]SAVE $30[/align]
[/color][/color]

Shopsmith MARK V (Models 505 / 510 / 520 – with Power Tool Woodworking Textbook & Self-Study Course)
$119.97
$149.97 value

[align=center]SAVE $30[/align]
[/color][/size][/font][/color]
Bandsaw (Current model – Aluminum Table)
$ 9.99
Bandsaw (Older model Cast Iron Table)
$ 9.99
Belt Sander
$ 9.99
Crafter’s Station
$29.99
Dust Collector
$ 9.99
Jigsaw (Older Jigsaw – NOT Scroll Saw)
$ 9.99
Jointer
$ 9.99
Jointmatic
$ 9.99
MK V-Mount Planer
$ 9.99
Pro Planer
$ 9.99
Power Station
$ 9.99
(Sawsmith) Radial Arm Saw
$ 9.99
(Sawsmith) Table Saw (all models)
$ 9.99
Scroll Saw (teal color)
$ 9.99
Strip Sander
$ 9.99
Overarm Pin Router (MARK V-mount Model)
$ 9.99
Overarm Pin Router (Older, Freestanding Model)
$ 9.99
Octogenarian's have an earned right to be a curmudgeon.
Chuck in Lancaster, CA
ryanbp01
Platinum Member

Post by ryanbp01 »

I assume the was from the company? I clicked on the e-mail logo at the top and nothing showed. To be fair haven't checked the personal e-mail yet.
BPR
a1gutterman
Platinum Member

Post by a1gutterman »

I did knot receive that e-mail either, nor can I find it as a current offering. Chuck???
Tim

Buying US made products will help keep YOUR job or retirement funds safer.
anmius
Gold Member

Post by anmius »

Must be from Shopsmith. Here is a link to almost the identical information:

http://www.shopsmith.com/ownersite/cata ... sindex.htm
paul heller
Gold Member

Post by paul heller »

yeah, well I've had a manual for the thickness planer on backorder for a long time now. So I'd say the manuals on the shopsmith site may or may not really be there. If there is an alternative source, I'm interested.
charlese
Platinum Member

Post by charlese »

Yes, the e-mail was from Shopsmith.
Octogenarian's have an earned right to be a curmudgeon.
Chuck in Lancaster, CA
wannabewoodworker
Platinum Member

Post by wannabewoodworker »

paul heller wrote:yeah, well I've had a manual for the thickness planer on backorder for a long time now. So I'd say the manuals on the shopsmith site may or may not really be there. If there is an alternative source, I'm interested.

Paul,
I recently acquired a Mark VII that came with the 4" Jointer. I happen to have the original jointer owners manual and would be happy to scan it as a PDF and email it to you cost $0.00 and you will have it toot sweet no back orders...............:D

Let me know if you would like me to do that for you!
Michael Mayo
Senior IT Support Engineer
Soft Designs Inc.
albiemanmike@gmail.com
1960's SS Mark VII, 1954 Greenie, 1983 Mark V, Jointer, Bandsaw, Jigsaw, Dewalt Slider, Delta Super 10, Delta 8" Grinder, Craftsman compressor, Drill Doctor, Kreg PH Jig, Bosch Jigsaw, Craftsman Router and Table...........and adding more all the time....:D
paul heller
Gold Member

Post by paul heller »

Hi ya, Michael. It's folks like you that make this a nice place. Thanks for the offer. I need a manual for the pro planer, however, not the jointer.

If anyone else has a manual for the planer, I'd like to hear from you!

Paul
wannabewoodworker
Platinum Member

Post by wannabewoodworker »

My apologies I thought you said Jointer but you did say planer oh well I meant nothing but good intentions. If I had the planer manual I would scan and post it as well.
Michael Mayo
Senior IT Support Engineer
Soft Designs Inc.
albiemanmike@gmail.com
1960's SS Mark VII, 1954 Greenie, 1983 Mark V, Jointer, Bandsaw, Jigsaw, Dewalt Slider, Delta Super 10, Delta 8" Grinder, Craftsman compressor, Drill Doctor, Kreg PH Jig, Bosch Jigsaw, Craftsman Router and Table...........and adding more all the time....:D
knottythumbs
Silver Member

Post by knottythumbs »

Hi Mike,

I just got a 510 with bandsaw, jointer, and some router/shaper supplies. I dont have the manual for any of this. Care to share or know of anyone who has this?
Knottythumbs