Mennards "Master Force" tools.

Create a review for a woodworking tool that you are familiar with (Shopsmith brand or Non-Shopsmith) or just post your opinion on a specific tool. Head to head comparisons welcome too.

Moderators: HopefulSSer, admin

robinson46176
Platinum Member

Mennards "Master Force" tools.

Post by robinson46176 »

I was just wondering if anyone has any experience with the "Master Force" tools that Mennards is now selling. I had not been looking at tools there much recently but spent a little drool time in a nearby Mennards this week and got to looking at some of these. I was a little surprised at the quality of finish most of them had compared to some of the other brands of lower cost power tools they have carried before. They didn't have the cheap look and feel that we sometimes find in less expensive tools. Has anybody had a chance to put some work to any of these Master Force tools?
--
farmer
Francis Robinson
I did not equip with Shopsmiths in spite of the setups but because of them.
1 1988 - Mark V 510 (bought new), 4 Poly vee 1 1/8th HP Mark V's, Mark VII, 1 Mark V Mini, 1 Frankensmith, 1 10-ER, 1 Mark V Push-me-Pull-me Drillpress, SS bandsaw, belt sander, jointer, jigsaw, shaper attach, mortising attach, TS-3650 Rigid tablesaw, RAS, 6" long bed jointer, Foley/Belsaw Planer/molder/ripsaw, 1" sander, oscillating spindle/belt sander, Scroll saw, Woodmizer sawmill
ryanbp01
Platinum Member

Post by ryanbp01 »

I don't but Menard's has become my son's "home away from home" since that is where he purchases most of his stuff. I'll ask him.

BPR
8iowa
Platinum Member

Post by 8iowa »

Francis:

I shop quite often at Menards, mostly in Escanaba. This Summer I purchased a "Master Force" 36" wide tool cabinet. It's built like a tank, far more rugged than the Craftsman tool chest that it replaced.