Band Saw wheel alignment

Forum for Maintenance and Repair topics. Feel free to ask questions or contribute.

Moderators: HopefulSSer, admin

jonesuh
Gold Member

Band Saw wheel alignment

Post by jonesuh »

the wheel on my band saw are not in alignment & i have looked in the book to find how to adjust them and can't find the procedure ---where can i get the info---the saw works ok but the top wheel is a little back from the bottom
thanks
doggoneclock
Bronze Member

Bandsaw wheel alignment

Post by doggoneclock »

I have noticed the same misalignment on my shopsmith bandsaw. It appears to be that way by design considering the tracking bearings adjacent the tensioning mechanism. If you aren't having probelms keeping blades on ignore it.
mbcabinetmaker
Platinum Member

Post by mbcabinetmaker »

jonesuh

Does the blade track in the center of the tires. If so I would say that you don't have a problem. I will check my two saws when I get back to the shop. I have never really noticed what you have described but then I wasn't looking for it either.

Glad you and doggoneclock joined the forum.

Mark
beeg
Platinum Member

Post by beeg »

SS 500(09/1980), DC3300, jointer, bandsaw, belt sander, Strip Sander, drum sanders,molder, dado, biscuit joiner, universal lathe tool rest, Oneway talon chuck, router bits & chucks and a De Walt 735 planer,a #5,#6, block planes. ALL in a 100 square foot shop.

Bob
JPG
Platinum Member

Post by JPG »

jonesuh wrote:the wheel on my band saw are not in alignment & i have looked in the book to find how to adjust them and can't find the procedure ---where can i get the info---the saw works ok but the top wheel is a little back from the bottom
thanks
The Shopsmith band saw is DIFFERENT. The top wheel tilts slightly(top in, bottom out) compared to the bottom wheel. This causes the blade to TRY and move to the rear of the top wheel. The blade guide(inside near the tension arm) then holds the blade in proper position.

The wheels are NOT SUPPOSED to be in the same plane!
╔═══╗
╟JPG ╢
╚═══╝

Goldie(Bought New SN 377425)/4" jointer/6" beltsander/12" planer/stripsander/bandsaw/powerstation /Scroll saw/Jig saw /Craftsman 10" ras/Craftsman 6" thicknessplaner/ Dayton10"tablesaw(restoredfromneighborstrashpile)/ Mark VII restoration in 'progress'/ 10
E[/size](SN E3779) restoration in progress, a 510 on the back burner and a growing pile of items to be eventually returned to useful life. - aka Red Grange
dusty
Platinum Member

Band Saw Blade Track (Upper Wheel)

Post by dusty »

As has been said, the Shopsmith blade does not track in the center of the wheels.
Attachments
P6290047.JPG
P6290047.JPG (145.58 KiB) Viewed 8170 times
"Making Sawdust Safely"
Dusty
Sent from my Dell XPS using Firefox.