Sketchup 101 anyone?

Forum for people who are new to woodworking. Feel free to ask questions or contribute.

Moderators: HopefulSSer, admin

mbcabinetmaker
Platinum Member

Sketchup 101 anyone?

Post by mbcabinetmaker »

I am starting this thread to see how many people would be interested in participating in a study course on sketch-up. After working with Tom on the band saw project I have become very interested in learning sketch-up (He did all the work all I did was send him some pictures and dimensions) . As in all my computer endeavors I will need some help and it occurred to me that maybe some other members here could benefit as well if we did it through the forum. If we do it I would like to see it taken from down loading the program all the way through the tutorials and possibly beyond. I would like to hear from two groups here and we will call group 1 (That is defiantly me) the learning group and group 2 will be any that would be willing to be mentors to group 1.

Thanks
Mark
beeg
Platinum Member

Post by beeg »

I'd be interested in being a GROUP ONEER.
SS 500(09/1980), DC3300, jointer, bandsaw, belt sander, Strip Sander, drum sanders,molder, dado, biscuit joiner, universal lathe tool rest, Oneway talon chuck, router bits & chucks and a De Walt 735 planer,a #5,#6, block planes. ALL in a 100 square foot shop.

Bob
tom_k/mo
Platinum Member

Post by tom_k/mo »

I'll be glad to help in any way I can.
ShopSmith MarkV-520 with Belt Sander, Jointer, Band Saw, Strip Sander, Scroll Saw and Biscuit Jointer SPTs and a DC-3300...
Woodworking Hobbyist (Check out all my Woodworking Plans (http://vbwhiz.isa-geek.net/plans)
Aspiring Sandcarver: Breaking glass one grain at a time.
Black Powder Shooter (love the smell of burning sulfur).
mbcabinetmaker
Platinum Member

Post by mbcabinetmaker »

Thanks Tom, I thought about emailing you but did not want to put you on the spot.

Mark
dusty
Platinum Member

Sketchup 101 Anyone?

Post by dusty »

Absolutely. I have toyed with Sketchup and have gotten to the point where I can see that it could be a very valuable tool for any of us who work wood regularly.
"Making Sawdust Safely"
Dusty
Sent from my Dell XPS using Firefox.
dicksterp
Gold Member

Post by dicksterp »

I would be interested in being in group 1.
Dick

SS equipment. '89 510 (upgrade to 520), beltsander, pro planer, SS dust collector, 2 bandsaws, jointer, strip sander (production unit #1), OPR, scroll saw, Power Station, Incra TSIII Ultra Fence System& Wonder Fence plus (2) 50 year old DeWalt RASs and Incra miter express with miter gauge
wlhayesmfs
Platinum Member

Post by wlhayesmfs »

Put me in group 1 I know just enoght to pull it up and draw a box, almost.\
Bill :)
Broken Arrow OK
MKV, 510, MKVll, 50th Anniversary 520 with Jointech saw train, Bandsaw, scroll saw, joiner, 6" Sander,Stand Alone Pin Router and Router Table, Strip Sander, Jigsaw & (4) ER's plus Jigsaw for ER. DC SS RAS
W3DRM
Gold Member

Post by W3DRM »

Great idea!

Count me in - group 1 that is. I just purchased the SketchUp 7 for Dummies book. It is a great book to begin with but anything to help with on-line tutorials for woodworkers would be greatly appreciated!
Don - W3DRM - Minden, Nevada --- SS 510 (new 2005), Bandsaw, Jointer, Conical & Standard sanding disks, & DC3300
Carson Valley Weather - http://www.carsonvalleyweather.com
JPG
Platinum Member

Post by JPG »

Si: Numero Uno for sure!:D
╔═══╗
╟JPG ╢
╚═══╝

Goldie(Bought New SN 377425)/4" jointer/6" beltsander/12" planer/stripsander/bandsaw/powerstation /Scroll saw/Jig saw /Craftsman 10" ras/Craftsman 6" thicknessplaner/ Dayton10"tablesaw(restoredfromneighborstrashpile)/ Mark VII restoration in 'progress'/ 10
E[/size](SN E3779) restoration in progress, a 510 on the back burner and a growing pile of items to be eventually returned to useful life. - aka Red Grange
shydragon
Gold Member

Post by shydragon »

Wow, fantastic idea. After that one tutorial ( can't remember who now) did a few months back, I wanted more. Count me in.
Pat

Oregon

1992 SS 510, 11" Bandsaw on power station, 4" jointer, Pro Planer, Incra Miter 2000, Incra Ultimate Fence Router Pkg, Grizzly 6" Parallelogram Jointer.