What Am I Doing Wrong??

Moderators: HopefulSSer, admin

algale
Platinum Member

Re: What Am I Doing Wrong??

Post by algale »

jsburger wrote:
algale wrote:
algale wrote:Click on "Who is online" and you will see what they are up to, at least at a general level.
Forgot to ad: then click on "Display Guests".
All true. However, you have to be in one of the forums sub topics to see the "who is on line" link. It is not shown on the forum home page. At least not on the forum skin I am using.
Using the "Shopsmith" skin, it appears at the bottom of the home page.
Gale's Law: The bigger the woodworking project, the less the mistakes show in any photo taken far enough away to show the entire project!

jsburger
Platinum Member

Post by jsburger »

algale wrote:
jsburger wrote:
algale wrote:
Forgot to ad: then click on "Display Guests".
All true. However, you have to be in one of the forums sub topics to see the "who is on line" link. It is not shown on the forum home page. At least not on the forum skin I am using.
Using the "Shopsmith" skin, it appears at the bottom of the home page.

OK, I am using the Shopsmith1 skin and it is not there. Kind of strange that the forum software does not show the same options regardless of the skin you are using.
John & Mary Burger
Eagle's Lair Woodshop
Hooper, UT
JPG
Platinum Member

Post by JPG »

Using SHOPSMITH 'skin':

Forum Home Page:Select "Who is online"
forum home ala shopsmith.jpg
forum home ala shopsmith.jpg (143.52 KiB) Viewed 6295 times
Select "display Guests":
select display guests ala shopsmith.jpg
select display guests ala shopsmith.jpg (112.27 KiB) Viewed 6295 times
Now the list is 9 pages:
guests ala shopsmithj.jpg
guests ala shopsmithj.jpg (145.81 KiB) Viewed 6295 times
╔═══╗
╟JPG ╢
╚═══╝

Goldie(Bought New SN 377425)/4" jointer/6" beltsander/12" planer/stripsander/bandsaw/powerstation /Scroll saw/Jig saw /Craftsman 10" ras/Craftsman 6" thicknessplaner/ Dayton10"tablesaw(restoredfromneighborstrashpile)/ Mark VII restoration in 'progress'/ 10
E[/size](SN E3779) restoration in progress, a 510 on the back burner and a growing pile of items to be eventually returned to useful life. - aka Red Grange
dusty
Platinum Member

Post by dusty »

algale wrote:Click on "Who is online" and you will see what they are up to, at least at a general level.
Thank you, Thank you. I knew that it wasn't working the way I thought I remembered. Clicking "Who Is Online" shows me what I thought had been removed (even in ProSilver which is what I use).

I am embarrassed. When on the web underlined text is often a button that when used will take you somewhere. On the home page "Who Is Online" is underlined. Click on it.
Capture Guests.PNG
Capture Guests.PNG (83.51 KiB) Viewed 6276 times
I am not sure I understand though. If you look, you will see that some of the guests are "Replying to a message in Maintenance and Repair" or "Downloading a file", etc.

I thought guests could only read. What I see now seems to indicate that that might be incorrect which would help explain why many guests never post. If they can harvest all the data they need, why should they?

Now I have to get to a computer where I can "login" as a guest and with an IP that is not mine. Hmmm, Might that be a mobile hotspot?
"Making Sawdust Safely"
Dusty
Sent from my Dell XPS using Firefox.