A Great 10ER Score

Moderators: HopefulSSer, admin

jsburger
Platinum Member

A Great 10ER Score

Post by jsburger »

I just got one of the rarest 10ER items. It is a pristine motor pulley belt guard. Some of you may have seen it on eBay. It came from Skip Campbell (MKCTools) the 10E/ER guru. It has never been installed as he described it on eBay. See the picture of one of the mounting points that still has the original casting over flow in place with paint.

This should also show what the color of original 10ER paint (at that time) was.

I don't think I will install it on any of my machines since it is new old stock and has never been installed. Probably the only one in this condition that exists.
Attachments
20190212_153244.jpg
20190212_153244.jpg (205.01 KiB) Viewed 15933 times
20190212_153316.jpg
20190212_153316.jpg (232.2 KiB) Viewed 15933 times
20190212_153352.jpg
20190212_153352.jpg (178.46 KiB) Viewed 15933 times
John & Mary Burger
Eagle's Lair Woodshop
Hooper, UT
algale
Platinum Member

Re: A Great 10ER Score

Post by algale »

Great score. As for paint, it may be original but is certainly would have oxidized in the years since it was new so it may not be quite the same hue as when it left the factory.
Gale's Law: The bigger the woodworking project, the less the mistakes show in any photo taken far enough away to show the entire project!

jsburger
Platinum Member

Post by jsburger »

algale wrote:Great score. As for paint, it may be original but is certainly would have oxidized in the years since it was new so it may not be quite the same hue as when it left the factory.
I certainly agree, but knowing it is original it is as close as we can get.
John & Mary Burger
Eagle's Lair Woodshop
Hooper, UT
chapmanruss
Platinum Member

Post by chapmanruss »

Hi John,
Congratulations, I did see it in Skips listing. I did not think I was going to bid that high and you still beat me in the end. I'm glad it went to someone who can appreciate having it as much I would.
Russ

Mark V completely upgraded to Mark 7
Mark V 520
All SPT's & 2 Power Stations
Model 10ER S/N R64000 first one I restored on bench w/ metal ends & retractable casters.
Has Speed Changer, 4E Jointer, Jig Saw with lamp, a complete set of original accessories & much more.
Model 10E's S/N's 1076 & 1077 oldest ones I have restored. Mark 2 S/N 85959 restored. Others to be restored.
jsburger
Platinum Member

Post by jsburger »

chapmanruss wrote:Hi John,
Congratulations, I did see it in Skips listing. I did not think I was going to bid that high and you still beat me in the end. I'm glad it went to someone who can appreciate having it as much I would.
So you were the other bidder?

There is more to come to me from Skip. It just shipped this afternoon. Everett will probably be very interested. It is the top of the list as far as I am concerned for Magna and Shopsmith and has nothing to do with 10E/ER machine parts.
John & Mary Burger
Eagle's Lair Woodshop
Hooper, UT
JPG
Platinum Member

Post by JPG »

jsburger wrote:

There is more to come to me from Skip. It just shipped this afternoon. Everett will probably be very interested. It is the top of the list as far as I am concerned for Magna and Shopsmith and has nothing to do with 10E/ER machine parts.
You 'found' the missing MARK 1 ? :D
╔═══╗
╟JPG ╢
╚═══╝

Goldie(Bought New SN 377425)/4" jointer/6" beltsander/12" planer/stripsander/bandsaw/powerstation /Scroll saw/Jig saw /Craftsman 10" ras/Craftsman 6" thicknessplaner/ Dayton10"tablesaw(restoredfromneighborstrashpile)/ Mark VII restoration in 'progress'/ 10
E[/size](SN E3779) restoration in progress, a 510 on the back burner and a growing pile of items to be eventually returned to useful life. - aka Red Grange
everettdavis
Platinum Member

Post by everettdavis »

jsburger wrote:

PM me John!

I am in a major renovation project at home now that my son's tour of duty is complete and they are now both home and planning their respective college educations.

They are a great help and doing a great job. Things are stacked floor to ceiling in the storage building and in the shop during the renovation.

My wife suffered a major stroke some years back, and was hospitalized for 11 months. She has been home for a few years and is walking with a cane and working to recover speech which is very challenging for her. The loss of her income has made some adjustments necessary and delayed the renovation projects through the last few years.

I will then get my shop back and begin working in the shop again. My Shopsmith book research continues, and my document restorations are in queue, but on hold for the time being. I am still accepting scanned document contributions under ShopsmithHistorian@gmail.com

I am sorry I have not been as active in the forums of late, but that will change and I will be more active here in a few months.

Kindest Regards,

Everett

Here is a shot of my youngest son grinding the floors in the converted garage project. Should have electrical rough in done by the end of the week with a Valentines diversion with my wife for a few days.
Grinding floor prep for Porcelain flooring.png
Grinding floor prep for Porcelain flooring.png (941.27 KiB) Viewed 15843 times
jsburger
Platinum Member

Post by jsburger »

JPG wrote:
jsburger wrote:

You 'found' the missing MARK 1 ? :D
No it is the mysterious MK IV I have occasionally seen reference to on eBay. :eek: ;) :D
John & Mary Burger
Eagle's Lair Woodshop
Hooper, UT
amboyna
Gold Member

Post by amboyna »

Congrats! That is indeed a rare accessory. Below is a page from my Dealer's Manual that shows it as a discontinued item. Just as the lower pulley guard is rare so is the 2 step pulley, key switch and the lower saw guard.
Attachments
Prices_02b.jpg
Prices_02b.jpg (136.41 KiB) Viewed 15775 times
Shopsmith 10E S/N 5804 restored.
Shopsmith 10ER S/N R39267; purchased 10-10-50 in San Francisco.
Bruce Brenner
http://www.vintagepbks.com/shopsmith.html
jsburger
Platinum Member

Post by jsburger »

amboyna wrote:Congrats! That is indeed a rare accessory. Below is a page from my Dealer's Manual that shows it as a discontinued item. Just as the lower pulley guard is rare so is the 2 step pulley, key switch and the lower saw guard.
Next on my list is the lower saw guard.
John & Mary Burger
Eagle's Lair Woodshop
Hooper, UT