What Am I Doing Wrong??

Moderators: HopefulSSer, admin

dusty
Platinum Member

What Am I Doing Wrong??

Post by dusty »

Is there a way to view WHO the current visitors are and/or WHAT they are viewing?
"Making Sawdust Safely"
Dusty
Sent from my Dell XPS using Firefox.
garys
Platinum Member

Re: What Am I Doing Wrong??

Post by garys »

The current visitors show up for me two lines below the "Post Reply" box. I don't know how to see what they are viewing.
chapmanruss
Platinum Member

Post by chapmanruss »

I see the same as garys and the members are named plus only the number of guests viewing. As I went to write this it was myself and 25 guests.
Russ

Mark V completely upgraded to Mark 7
Mark V 520
All SPT's & 2 Power Stations
Model 10ER S/N R64000 first one I restored on bench w/ metal ends & retractable casters.
Has Speed Changer, 4E Jointer, Jig Saw with lamp, a complete set of original accessories & much more.
Model 10E's S/N's 1076 & 1077 oldest ones I have restored. Mark 2 S/N 85959 restored. Others to be restored.
dusty
Platinum Member

Post by dusty »

I see on-line members (visitors) and bots and the number of guests but not who the guests are or what they are viewing.

I am certain that in times gone by there was an indication of who the quests were and which thread they were viewing.
"Making Sawdust Safely"
Dusty
Sent from my Dell XPS using Firefox.
thunderbirdbat
Platinum Member

Post by thunderbirdbat »

Guests are people who are either members of the forum who are invisible, have not signed in or are not members who are interested in the forum. There may be a way to see what sections of the forum they are viewing but probably not that we can see. It may also depend on which version of the forum you are looking at too.
Brenda

1998 510 upgraded to a 520, upgraded to power pro with double tilt and lift assist.
1998 bandsaw
2016 beltsander
jointer
overarm pin router
algale
Platinum Member

Post by algale »

Click on "Who is online" and you will see what they are up to, at least at a general level.
Last edited by algale on Tue Feb 12, 2019 8:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Gale's Law: The bigger the woodworking project, the less the mistakes show in any photo taken far enough away to show the entire project!

JPG
Platinum Member

Post by JPG »

Are not 'guests' readers who have not registered and therefore do not have an id?
╔═══╗
╟JPG ╢
╚═══╝

Goldie(Bought New SN 377425)/4" jointer/6" beltsander/12" planer/stripsander/bandsaw/powerstation /Scroll saw/Jig saw /Craftsman 10" ras/Craftsman 6" thicknessplaner/ Dayton10"tablesaw(restoredfromneighborstrashpile)/ Mark VII restoration in 'progress'/ 10
E[/size](SN E3779) restoration in progress, a 510 on the back burner and a growing pile of items to be eventually returned to useful life. - aka Red Grange
jsburger
Platinum Member

Post by jsburger »

JPG wrote:Are not 'guests' readers who have not registered and therefore do not have an id?

For sure. Anyone can view this forum without being a registered member unlike Facebook et al. So not being a registered member here there is no way to know anything about a "guest".

Not a bad thing since if you don't register you can't post.
John & Mary Burger
Eagle's Lair Woodshop
Hooper, UT
algale
Platinum Member

Post by algale »

algale wrote:Click on "Who is online" and you will see what they are up to, at least at a general level.
Forgot to ad: then click on "Display Guests".
Gale's Law: The bigger the woodworking project, the less the mistakes show in any photo taken far enough away to show the entire project!

jsburger
Platinum Member

Post by jsburger »

algale wrote:
algale wrote:Click on "Who is online" and you will see what they are up to, at least at a general level.
Forgot to ad: then click on "Display Guests".
All true. However, you have to be in one of the forums sub topics to see the "who is on line" link. It is not shown on the forum home page. At least not on the forum skin I am using.
John & Mary Burger
Eagle's Lair Woodshop
Hooper, UT