OnLine Catalog

Moderators: HopefulSSer, admin

dusty
Platinum Member

OnLine Catalog

Post by dusty »

https://www.shopsmith.com/catalog/

I don't know for certain what this catalog is suppose to be. Is this "the replacement" for that paper catalog I spent so very much time browsing through.
"Making Sawdust Safely"
Dusty
Sent from my Dell XPS using Firefox.
chapmanruss
Platinum Member

Re: OnLine Catalog

Post by chapmanruss »

It's the digital online version of the current paper catalog they sent out. The previous paper catalog I received was the Christmas one.
Russ

Mark V completely upgraded to Mark 7
Mark V 520
All SPT's & 2 Power Stations
Model 10ER S/N R64000 first one I restored on bench w/ metal ends & retractable casters.
Has Speed Changer, 4E Jointer, Jig Saw with lamp, a complete set of original accessories & much more.
Model 10E's S/N's 1076 & 1077 oldest ones I have restored. Mark 2 S/N 85959 restored. Others to be restored.
dusty
Platinum Member

Post by dusty »

chapmanruss wrote:It's the digital online version of the current paper catalog they sent out. The previous paper catalog I received was the Christmas one.
Hmmmm. Guess I have been put to pasture. I don't get those anymore.
"Making Sawdust Safely"
Dusty
chapmanruss
Platinum Member

Post by chapmanruss »

I only get them when I request them. I can't recall where I make the request from. If it is from an email or something on this site and I did it just last month.
Russ

Mark V completely upgraded to Mark 7
Mark V 520
All SPT's & 2 Power Stations
Model 10ER S/N R64000 first one I restored on bench w/ metal ends & retractable casters.
Has Speed Changer, 4E Jointer, Jig Saw with lamp, a complete set of original accessories & much more.
Model 10E's S/N's 1076 & 1077 oldest ones I have restored. Mark 2 S/N 85959 restored. Others to be restored.
Ed in Tampa
Platinum Member

Post by Ed in Tampa »

Dusty do not feel bad, I haven't gotten a catalog in years, even though I have requested them.
This year I requested the Christmas catalog and as of yet I have not gotten it. Funny thing is my daughters buy me Shopsmith products for Christmas.
In the past when I did get a catalog I would circle the things I wanted then each daughter would go through my list and decide which present or presents ( yippee!) they would get me. So while I did not order directly from the catalog I did use it to order my presents.
This concept seems to be to obscure to Shopsmith for them to understand. A mail order company to exist must get their product line up before the people that will purchase their produce. I guarantee my daughters do no look at the online Shopsmith catalog.

Also everyone that has joined this forum has been requested to fill out a form. That data should be a major part of Shopsmith’s customer list. I personally have filled that form out at least three times but I have not received anything from Shopsmith.

Talk about a crazy way to do business.

PS my presents this year came from Rockler, woodcraft, and a local dealer all of which sends out catalogs. EST value $200-300 that Shopsmith did not get .
dusty
Platinum Member

Post by dusty »

Shopsmith has truly turned to social media for their method of advertising. They have not abandoned the forum but it and the Sawdust Sessions are certainly no longer their method of reaching out. I will NOT transition to FB and Twitter just to maintain that contact. I do not care for the atmosphere on any of those sites. Even the forum has become less friendly and certainly less focused on "woodworking".

I did request the latest paper catalog but as of yet have not received it. What is missing for me are those documents I need when it comes times to place an order for repair parts. The online catalog does not suffice. No parts breakdowns. Some of those do exist on line but only a select few.

It is almost as though Shopsmith no longer wants to be my Woodworking Partner with an objective to keep the old equipment in service.
"Making Sawdust Safely"
Dusty