DC3300 Bag replacement

Forum for people who are new to woodworking. Feel free to ask questions or contribute.

Moderators: HopefulSSer, admin

JPG
Platinum Member

Re: DC3300 Bag replacement

Post by JPG »

The hood is felt and indeed porous.
╔═══╗
╟JPG ╢
╚═══╝

Goldie(Bought New SN 377425)/4" jointer/6" beltsander/12" planer/stripsander/bandsaw/powerstation /Scroll saw/Jig saw /Craftsman 10" ras/Craftsman 6" thicknessplaner/ Dayton10"tablesaw(restoredfromneighborstrashpile)/ Mark VII restoration in 'progress'/ 10
E[/size](SN E3779) restoration in progress, a 510 on the back burner and a growing pile of items to be eventually returned to useful life. - aka Red Grange
dusty
Platinum Member

Post by dusty »

JPG wrote:The hood is felt and indeed porous.
What would happen if it was not porous? :rolleyes: :mad: :(
"Making Sawdust Safely"
Dusty
Sent from my Dell XPS using Firefox.
chapmanruss
Platinum Member

Post by chapmanruss »

no airflow
Russ

Mark V completely upgraded to Mark 7
Mark V 520
All SPT's & 2 Power Stations
Model 10ER S/N R64000 first one I restored on bench w/ metal ends & retractable casters.
Has Speed Changer, 4E Jointer, Jig Saw with lamp, a complete set of original accessories & much more.
Model 10E's S/N's 1076 & 1077 oldest ones I have restored. Mark 2 S/N 85959 restored. Others to be restored.
JPG
Platinum Member

Post by JPG »

dusty wrote:
JPG wrote:The hood is felt and indeed porous.
What would happen if it was not porous? :rolleyes: :mad: :(
100% efficient since NO dust will escape back into the atmosphere! :D
╔═══╗
╟JPG ╢
╚═══╝

Goldie(Bought New SN 377425)/4" jointer/6" beltsander/12" planer/stripsander/bandsaw/powerstation /Scroll saw/Jig saw /Craftsman 10" ras/Craftsman 6" thicknessplaner/ Dayton10"tablesaw(restoredfromneighborstrashpile)/ Mark VII restoration in 'progress'/ 10
E[/size](SN E3779) restoration in progress, a 510 on the back burner and a growing pile of items to be eventually returned to useful life. - aka Red Grange
dusty
Platinum Member

Post by dusty »

Actually, if the hood was not porous I suspect that the dust collection bag would get split wide opening and efficiency would drop to 0%. :eek:

Even with the "felt hood" I have had substitute bags split open from the pressure.

I would like to see a plastic container (garbage can) with some sort of attaching collar to replace the dust collection bag. How about a twist on/twist off container. Yes, I know ---- now where to dump it. Mine used to become mulch in the yard out back. I no longer have a dumping ground so that might now be a good idea.

Would you believe that Waste Management does not consider wood products (let alone saw dust) to be recyclable.
"Making Sawdust Safely"
Dusty
JPG
Platinum Member

Post by JPG »

dusty wrote: . . .
Would you believe that Waste Management does not consider wood products (let alone saw dust) to be recyclable.
Where does mdf and osb come from?
╔═══╗
╟JPG ╢
╚═══╝

dusty
Platinum Member

Post by dusty »

My question exactly. Waste Management will haul off my wood scraps, etc but NOT TO RECYCLE. Only to the landfill.

The Recycle Truck driver (also Waste Management) has refused to carry off my wood scraps and old wood furniture and I later received a mail notification "clarifying the rules". It came across as sort of a warning.
"Making Sawdust Safely"
Dusty
jsburger
Platinum Member

Post by jsburger »

dusty wrote:My question exactly. Waste Management will haul off my wood scraps, etc but NOT TO RECYCLE. Only to the landfill.

The Recycle Truck driver (also Waste Management) has refused to carry off my wood scraps and old wood furniture and I later received a mail notification "clarifying the rules". It came across as sort of a warning.
Wood is not politically correct. It must be some kind of plastic.

A couple of years ago our "city", actually a rural incorporation, instituted a recycle program. I pay the recycle company (actually pay to the city) to pick up my recyclables but the city gets no money from that.
No thank you. I recycle my aluminum and get paid for it. At the same time I take all my plastic to the same company. They don't pay for it but I am going there anyhow for the aluminum so no big deal and they do recycle it. The city has dumpsters at the city building so we take all of our cardboard there. It is only about 1 1/2 miles from the house.

I wish I could pay for a once a month garbage pick up instead of once a week because that is about how often I come close to filling up the garbage can.
John & Mary Burger
Eagle's Lair Woodshop
Hooper, UT
davebodner
Gold Member

Post by davebodner »

I'm guessing mdf comes from pre-consumer sawdust. I've never heard of post-consumer wood products being recycled.
algale
Platinum Member

Post by algale »

davebodner wrote:I'm guessing mdf comes from pre-consumer sawdust. I've never heard of post-consumer wood products being recycled.
other than paper....
Gale's Law: The bigger the woodworking project, the less the mistakes show in any photo taken far enough away to show the entire project!