Shopsmith-Edition Incra TS-LS Positioning Fence System

Create a review for a woodworking tool that you are familiar with (Shopsmith brand or Non-Shopsmith) or just post your opinion on a specific tool. Head to head comparisons welcome too.

Moderators: HopefulSSer, admin

RFGuy
Platinum Member

Shopsmith-Edition Incra TS-LS Positioning Fence System

Post by RFGuy »

I thought the PowerPro was expensive...but I was wrong. Has anyone checked the latest price of the Shopsmith version of the Incra TS-LS fence system? I had to do a double take when I saw this. $10k for an Incra fence?

http://www.shopsmith.com/ownersite/cata ... _fence.htm
incra.jpg
incra.jpg (272.24 KiB) Viewed 14808 times
📶RF Guy

Mark V 520 (Bought New '98) | 4" jointer | 6" beltsander | 12" planer | bandsaw | router table | speed reducer | univ. tool rest
Porter Cable 12" Compound Miter Saw | Rikon 8" Low Speed Bench Grinder w/CBN wheels | Jessem Clear-Cut TS™ Stock Guides
Festool (Emerald): DF 500 Q | RO 150 FEQ | OF 1400 EQ | TS 55 REQ | CT 26 E
DC3300 | Shopvac w/ClearVue CV06 Mini Cyclone | JDS AirTech 2000 | Sundstrom PAPR | Dylos DC1100 Pro particulate monitor
jsburger
Platinum Member

Re: Shopsmith-Edition Incra TS-LS Positioning Fence System

Post by jsburger »

RFGuy wrote:I thought the PowerPro was expensive...but I was wrong. Has anyone checked the latest price of the Shopsmith version of the Incra TS-LS fence system? I had to do a double take when I saw this. $10k for an Incra fence?

http://www.shopsmith.com/ownersite/cata ... _fence.htm

incra.jpg
No, SS has done that in the past when items were not available. The Pro Planer was listed that way before it was dropped from the catalog.
John & Mary Burger
Eagle's Lair Woodshop
Hooper, UT
twistsol
Gold Member

Post by twistsol »

I just thought that maybe one of the new poeple they hired last year was a former Festool employee.
Thanks much,

Chris Phelps
Cheap tools are too expensive
2x Mark 5 520 and a 10ER
Ed in Tampa
Platinum Member

Post by Ed in Tampa »

twistsol wrote:I just thought that maybe one of the new poeple they hired last year was a former Festool employee.
They already hired him and he has been setting prices for years! :eek:
JPG
Platinum Member

Post by JPG »

Ed in Tampa wrote:
twistsol wrote:I just thought that maybe one of the new poeple they hired last year was a former Festool employee.
They already hired him and he has been setting prices for years! :eek:
Yes! They put him(?) in charge of pricing common hardware parts. :D
╔═══╗
╟JPG ╢
╚═══╝

Goldie(Bought New SN 377425)/4" jointer/6" beltsander/12" planer/stripsander/bandsaw/powerstation /Scroll saw/Jig saw /Craftsman 10" ras/Craftsman 6" thicknessplaner/ Dayton10"tablesaw(restoredfromneighborstrashpile)/ Mark VII restoration in 'progress'/ 10
E[/size](SN E3779) restoration in progress, a 510 on the back burner and a growing pile of items to be eventually returned to useful life. - aka Red Grange