Convex Curve Cutter

Create a review for a woodworking tool that you are familiar with (Shopsmith brand or Non-Shopsmith) or just post your opinion on a specific tool. Head to head comparisons welcome too.

Moderators: HopefulSSer, admin

Lodgepole
Gold Member

Convex Curve Cutter

Post by Lodgepole »

Has anyone purchased this for your bandsaw: https://convexcurve.com/

I think I could do this free hand. But, this jig would make it easier to do duplicate cuts.

Any thoughts?
reible
Platinum Member

Re: Convex Curve Cutter

Post by reible »

I like it! I can see some fun projects coming out of this machine. The price isn't too bad either.

Now I wish I had a different bandsaw with 12" or more of resaw capacity. It looks like you will lose an inch for the jig so with the shopsmith you will be limited to just 5"........ Yes you will still be able to do some great projects but that is definitely a handy cap for smaller saws like the shopsmith.

So who is going to order one to test out?

Ed
{Knight of the Shopsmith} [Hero's don't wear capes, they wear dog tags]
ChrisNeilan
Platinum Member

Post by ChrisNeilan »

I saw this at the New England Woodworking show last year. Wish I bought it. The guy doing the demo made it look easy. I dare you to try to do the same freehand! Hope you have a woodstove!!! I have a 17” Grizzly and a ton of scrap wood to practice with.
Chris Neilan

Shopsmith Mark 7, Shopsmith Mark V 1982, shortened, Shopsmith 10 ER; Craftsman table saw (1964); Powermatic 3520B lathe
jsburger
Platinum Member

Post by jsburger »

ChrisNeilan wrote:I saw this at the New England Woodworking show last year. Wish I bought it. The guy doing the demo made it look easy. I dare you to try to do the same freehand! Hope you have a woodstove!!! I have a 17” Grizzly and a ton of scrap wood to practice with.
Well, I have a wood stove that is burning right now. :D :D I also have a Powermatic 14" band saw with the 6" riser block. It looks like an interesting item.
John & Mary Burger
Eagle's Lair Woodshop
Hooper, UT
JPG
Platinum Member

Post by JPG »

Who is going to be the first to roll their own version? :D
╔═══╗
╟JPG ╢
╚═══╝

Goldie(Bought New SN 377425)/4" jointer/6" beltsander/12" planer/stripsander/bandsaw/powerstation /Scroll saw/Jig saw /Craftsman 10" ras/Craftsman 6" thicknessplaner/ Dayton10"tablesaw(restoredfromneighborstrashpile)/ Mark VII restoration in 'progress'/ 10
E[/size](SN E3779) restoration in progress, a 510 on the back burner and a growing pile of items to be eventually returned to useful life. - aka Red Grange
wa2crk
Platinum Member

Post by wa2crk »

This is really an interesting piece of gear. The SS bandsaw may be a bit small to take full advantage of it. In addition the bandsaw better be well tuned for resawing. We do have 2 17" bandsaws at the community shop if I can get the club to bite.
Bill V