bandsaw tires

Forum for Maintenance and Repair topics. Feel free to ask questions or contribute.

Moderators: HopefulSSer, admin

packerbakr
Bronze Member

bandsaw tires

Post by packerbakr »

I have replaced my tires with urethane tires now twice and the keep breaking, could it be the tires, bandsaw or how I'm using it ? best guess please.
beeg
Platinum Member

Re: bandsaw tires

Post by beeg »

What brand of tires are you using? HOW are you using the BS?
SS 500(09/1980), DC3300, jointer, bandsaw, belt sander, Strip Sander, drum sanders,molder, dado, biscuit joiner, universal lathe tool rest, Oneway talon chuck, router bits & chucks and a De Walt 735 planer,a #5,#6, block planes. ALL in a 100 square foot shop.

Bob
dusty
Platinum Member

Post by dusty »

Are you asking about a Shopsmith bandsaw with Shopsmith tires or something else??

Your only previous post was back in 2015 when you had an arcing problem. Is it safe to assume that has been resolved.

Have you been making sawdust during all this time since?
"Making Sawdust Safely"
Dusty
Sent from my Dell XPS using Firefox.
packerbakr
Bronze Member

Post by packerbakr »

yes it's a shopsmith bandsaw, tires I bought on ebay.
chapmanruss
Platinum Member

Post by chapmanruss »

Are the Band Saw tires you bought on eBay Shopsmith brand or from another source? I had a non-Shopsmith set that are just slightly wider than OEM which can cause problems with tracking. It is possible the ones you are using may have brittle spots or other defects. Age and storage could be a factor.
Russ

Mark V completely upgraded to Mark 7
Mark V 520
All SPT's & 2 Power Stations
Model 10ER S/N R64000 first one I restored on bench w/ metal ends & retractable casters.
Has Speed Changer, 4E Jointer, Jig Saw with lamp, a complete set of original accessories & much more.
Model 10E's S/N's 1076 & 1077 oldest ones I have restored. Mark 2 S/N 85959 restored. Others to be restored.
packerbakr
Bronze Member

Post by packerbakr »

thanks, that makes sense.
michaeltoc
Gold Member

Post by michaeltoc »

I had "upgraded" to the urethane tires, from Shopsmith, and had nothing but problems as they kept slipping off.

"Downgraded" to the stock rubber tires and have not had a problem since.

Michael
Michael

Mark V Model 500 (1985) upgraded to 520 (2009) and PowerPro (2011); Bandsaw, Jointer, Jigsaw, Planer.