Joint-Matic Question

Moderators: HopefulSSer, admin

berry
Platinum Member

Joint-Matic Question

Post by berry »

I'm wondering what the range of price is for a Joint-Matic, assuming good to very good condition. I think it would be an interesting tool to own. They're kind of rare, or so it seems to me, but I see one every once in a while and I'm wondering what the high end would be. I'm sure some members here must know. Thanks in advance.
BuckeyeDennis
Platinum Member

Re: Joint-Matic Question

Post by BuckeyeDennis »

There’s a good-looking unit for sale on Craigslist just a few miles from me. The asking price is $150, and it’s been listed for a month or so now. I have no room for it myself.

https://columbus.craigslist.org/tls/d/s ... 66444.html
JPG
Platinum Member

Post by JPG »

Make sure it is not broken at the point the lead screw attaches to the slide.
╔═══╗
╟JPG ╢
╚═══╝

Goldie(Bought New SN 377425)/4" jointer/6" beltsander/12" planer/stripsander/bandsaw/powerstation /Scroll saw/Jig saw /Craftsman 10" ras/Craftsman 6" thicknessplaner/ Dayton10"tablesaw(restoredfromneighborstrashpile)/ Mark VII restoration in 'progress'/ 10
E[/size](SN E3779) restoration in progress, a 510 on the back burner and a growing pile of items to be eventually returned to useful life. - aka Red Grange
JPG
Platinum Member

Post by JPG »

BuckeyeDennis wrote:There’s a good-looking unit for sale on Craigslist just a few miles from me. The asking price is $150, and it’s been listed for a month or so now. I have no room for it myself.

https://columbus.craigslist.org/tls/d/s ... 66444.html
Wish I had time to go up there!!! :(

That looks to be a bargain!
╔═══╗
╟JPG ╢
╚═══╝

Goldie(Bought New SN 377425)/4" jointer/6" beltsander/12" planer/stripsander/bandsaw/powerstation /Scroll saw/Jig saw /Craftsman 10" ras/Craftsman 6" thicknessplaner/ Dayton10"tablesaw(restoredfromneighborstrashpile)/ Mark VII restoration in 'progress'/ 10
E[/size](SN E3779) restoration in progress, a 510 on the back burner and a growing pile of items to be eventually returned to useful life. - aka Red Grange
reible
Platinum Member

Post by reible »

When I got mine the prices were pretty high, much higher then I've seen them of late. There are a couple of attachments which I'd make sure it has. One is the plate the router mounts to in the back. Another is the bit guard. And as was mentioned check where the rod attaches to the slide, if it cracked you might want to pass on it or at least have them lower the price.

There are other desirable options like the manual, I think someone posted a link to one if it is missing but it would be pretty hard to use without the manual. Some of the other things like the hold down bar is actually just shopsmith t-track, which maybe you can still buy?? Anyway the more accessories they have the better as most of them are pretty hard to find.

Ed
{Knight of the Shopsmith} [Hero's don't wear capes, they wear dog tags]
berry
Platinum Member

Post by berry »

Thanks. As I said I haven't seen one recently, but if I see one I'd like to move on it. Often they seem to show up as part of a larger package and people never want to break up their collection?
DSS
Silver Member

Post by DSS »

Hello,
First post. Learn a ton from everyone. Looking for copy of manual for joint-matic.
Any help with posting it here via pdf for download or PM would be appreciated.
Dan
br549
Platinum Member

Post by br549 »

Welcome to the forum. I did a quick search, and found a post where thunderbirdbat had answered a similar question by stating that the manual is available for purchase from Shopsmith.

Here's the page where it and other manuals still for sale are listed:

http://www.shopsmith.com/ownersite/cata ... sindex.htm
DSS
Silver Member

Post by DSS »

Thank you. I think I will go that route. Now in search of bevel miter gauge and bit safety cover.
Cheers.
Dan
JPG
Platinum Member

Post by JPG »

DSS wrote:Thank you. I think I will go that route. Now in search of bevel miter gauge and bit safety cover.
Cheers.
Dan
Whazzat?
╔═══╗
╟JPG ╢
╚═══╝