OVERHEAD PIN ROUTER

Create a review for a woodworking tool that you are familiar with (Shopsmith brand or Non-Shopsmith) or just post your opinion on a specific tool. Head to head comparisons welcome too.

Moderators: HopefulSSer, admin

woodmeister
Gold Member

OVERHEAD PIN ROUTER

Post by woodmeister »

I recently purchased one on a stand. He primarily used it for a router table with router under the table. It has the complete arm assembly for over head routing. I does not appear to have any pins in the bottom (table insert) or pins for using as a pin router. Since mother not longer sells them what am I missing? Appreciate any help.
Are there any videos on this system to view??
Thanks,
Tom
reible
Platinum Member

Re: OVERHEAD PIN ROUTER

Post by reible »

If you can post a picture of what you have it would be easier to tell what is missing.

I have pictures and a video that I can look up and post later tonight that might help if you have the same version.

Ed
{Knight of the Shopsmith} [Hero's don't wear capes, they wear dog tags]
woodmeister
Gold Member

Post by woodmeister »

Ok Ed. I have difficulty posting pictures in here because of my inability to do it lol I see the larger rectangle where router mounts in table. There is also a round one with a hole in it but no pin?? I would appreciate the video if you can post.
Thanks,
Tom
BuckeyeDennis
Platinum Member

Post by BuckeyeDennis »

I ordered a set of pins, inserts, and plates for my OPR four years ago, and Shopsmith had everything in stock at the time. I ran those part numbers through their search box just now, and it appears that they still carry them as service parts.

There were different versions of the table, so your inserts may be different than mine. There are pics of mine in the post below. The “pin insert” isn’t shown, but it just mounts to the black table plate in place of the insert with the router-bit clearance hole. The pin insert has a threaded hole in the center, into which you can mount any of three different diameters of guide pins.

https://www.shopsmith.com/ss_forum/view ... 41#p213741
reible
Platinum Member

Post by reible »

{Knight of the Shopsmith} [Hero's don't wear capes, they wear dog tags]
woodmeister
Gold Member

Post by woodmeister »

I looked at the pictures and information posted. I am missing 3 black knobs for the metal fence, at least one round plastic insert, and the 3 round pins.
I appreciate you guys for your help and feedback
Tom
delong94
Gold Member

Post by delong94 »

woodmeister wrote:I looked at the pictures and information posted. I am missing 3 black knobs for the metal fence, at least one round plastic insert, and the 3 round pins.
I appreciate you guys for your help and feedback
Tom

This link to the upgrade should have the part numbers you are looking for on the parts diagram and list: http://www.shopsmith.com/ownersite/prod ... pgrade.pdf
The 3 knobs and 3 pins are the same, but the insert may be different.
Hope this helps.