A huge box

Forum for Maintenance and Repair topics. Feel free to ask questions or contribute.

Moderators: HopefulSSer, admin

Hobbyman2
Platinum Member

A huge box

Post by Hobbyman2 »

Opened the door today and there was a huge box on the porch, couldn't remember ordering any thing that large , thought the better half was sneaking some thing by me ,, or maybe my memory was fading faster then I thought,, when I opened it,,, to my amazement there was a new quill inside, thanks to the folks at Shopsmith I now have a 80's model MKV that is like new again and a box that is big enough to hide ,, I mean store some of those tools I don't need .

Thank you to the folks at Shopsmith for supplying parts for the older eq.
Hobbyman2 Favorite Quote: "If a man does his best, what else is there?"
- General George S. Patton (1885-1945)
dusty
Platinum Member

Re: A huge box

Post by dusty »

Hobbyman2 wrote:Opened the door today and there was a huge box on the porch, couldn't remember ordering any thing that large , thought the better half was sneaking some thing by me ,, or maybe my memory was fading faster then I thought,, when I opened it,,, to my amazement there was a new quill inside, thanks to the folks at Shopsmith I now have a 80's model MKV that is like new again and a box that is big enough to hide ,, I mean store some of those tools I don't need .

You ordered it, right?
"Making Sawdust Safely"
Dusty
Sent from my Dell XPS using Firefox.
Mike907
Platinum Member

Post by Mike907 »

I received a large box from Shopsmith a while back. It contained the cast iron planer table I had ordered during the clearance sale. I was surprised the table wasn't damaged in transit, since it was packaged as shown.
Shopsmith Box.jpg
Shopsmith Box.jpg (75.18 KiB) Viewed 10183 times
JPG
Platinum Member

Post by JPG »

When I got mine, it was wrapped in that heavy duty bubble wrap and an ample amount of taping. Other items were included and all arrived quite safely.

No box, just the taped bubble wrap. It worked very well.
╔═══╗
╟JPG ╢
╚═══╝

Goldie(Bought New SN 377425)/4" jointer/6" beltsander/12" planer/stripsander/bandsaw/powerstation /Scroll saw/Jig saw /Craftsman 10" ras/Craftsman 6" thicknessplaner/ Dayton10"tablesaw(restoredfromneighborstrashpile)/ Mark VII restoration in 'progress'/ 10
E[/size](SN E3779) restoration in progress, a 510 on the back burner and a growing pile of items to be eventually returned to useful life. - aka Red Grange
Hobbyman2
Platinum Member

Post by Hobbyman2 »

dusty wrote:
Hobbyman2 wrote:Opened the door today and there was a huge box on the porch, couldn't remember ordering any thing that large , thought the better half was sneaking some thing by me ,, or maybe my memory was fading faster then I thought,, when I opened it,,, to my amazement there was a new quill inside, thanks to the folks at Shopsmith I now have a 80's model MKV that is like new again and a box that is big enough to hide ,, I mean store some of those tools I don't need .

You ordered it, right?

==============

I think it was worth the wait .
One more and maybe the best reason to buy a shopsmith.
cham-ed
Gold Member

Post by cham-ed »

Appreciate that part availability. I have a Bernina sewing machine (1980's) and a thread guide broke. None left on planet Earth. What should be a couple of dollar part could kill a great machine. Although I've got a really skilled machinist buddy and he might be able to fab one... But that's not the case for Shopsmith.
Hobbyman2
Platinum Member

Post by Hobbyman2 »

cham-ed wrote:Appreciate that part availability. I have a Bernina sewing machine (1980's) and a thread guide broke. None left on planet Earth. What should be a couple of dollar part could kill a great machine. Although I've got a really skilled machinist buddy and he might be able to fab one... But that's not the case for Shopsmith.
==============

Good luck will any thing on here work ? https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_from=R ... e&_sacat=0
cham-ed
Gold Member

Post by cham-ed »

Thanks, I'll keep an eye on Ebay for a part that will work.
masonsailor2
Platinum Member

Post by masonsailor2 »

My quill finally arrived yesterday in same large box. It will be nice to have that machine up and running after 7 months.
Paul
Hobbyman2
Platinum Member

Post by Hobbyman2 »

I finally installed this one ,haven't had any time to use it between converting a 44 year old garden tractor with a tiller to electronic ignition and keeping up with the guys doing demo on a rental . need to redo a set of stair treads on the rental so I now have a excuse to use the SS , ordered the oak today pick it up friday ,, cant wait to use it now that the shaft wobble is gone .