I will take a vacation….

Moderators: HopefulSSer, admin

forrestb
Platinum Member

I will take a vacation….

Post by forrestb »

Since it is clear to me that my advice on Shopsmith issues is ill-conceived, I think that I should just go away for a good while and re-think things Shopsmith.

Been fun, for the most part!

Forrest
Gene Howe
Platinum Member

Re: I will take a vacation….

Post by Gene Howe »

Forrest,
Don't go away. I enjoy reading your posts.
I hope nothing I wrote ever caused you any problem.
dusty
Platinum Member

Post by dusty »

Forrest,
I do hope that this is to be just a short break in routine.
Your contributions to the forum will be missed.

I too hope that I have not been the cause for your departure.
"Making Sawdust Safely"
Dusty
Sent from my Dell XPS using Firefox.
garys
Platinum Member

Post by garys »

Stick around. We all have different opinions, and different ways of doing things. Hearing from other people teaches us all new things.
Ed in Tampa
Platinum Member

Post by Ed in Tampa »

Not sure what has you upset but please reconsider your decision.
I hope I didn't play any part in your decision. If so I regret it.
benush26
Platinum Member

Post by benush26 »

Forrest,

I felt lambasted so severely that I felt I had to leave, only to find out that that person who I felt was my tormenter had eventually been banned from the forum. :eek: So maybe I wasn't the bad guy after all... :p Okay, maybe I WAS, but my friends and family here still let me stay and play. :D

You are a published craftsman who believes passionately in his art, because what you build IS art! :)

I believe that passion is what causes many of us on this forum to doubt. However as a person of faith and conviction, you must understand that any doubt you think you have about what you contribute is COMPLETELY and UTTERLY UNFOUNDED.

For the most part, the people on this forum are family. I know I feel that way. I appreciate it and sometimes rely on it. Believe that your family here has your back!

Be well,
Ben
Ed in Tampa
Platinum Member

Post by Ed in Tampa »

does anyone know what this is all about. Why does Forrest feel he needs to take a vacation? Problems can't be fixed unless they are known.
algale
Platinum Member

Post by algale »

The only recent kerfuffle I saw was a debate between him and JPG over the impact of tightening gib screws on jointer knife height. Makes our recent kerfuffle seem trifling in comparison. :D
Gale's Law: The bigger the woodworking project, the less the mistakes show in any photo taken far enough away to show the entire project!

dusty
Platinum Member

Post by dusty »

Ed in Tampa wrote:does anyone know what this is all about. Why does Forrest feel he needs to take a vacation? Problems can't be fixed unless they are known.
Forrest did not ask for US to fix anything. We do not really need to know why he is "taking a vacation" or what he is "fixing".

His words: "Since it is clear to me that my advice on Shopsmith issues is ill-conceived, I think that I should just go away for a good while and re-think things Shopsmith".
"Making Sawdust Safely"
Dusty
Sent from my Dell XPS using Firefox.
moose
Gold Member

Post by moose »

Folks, listen to Dusty. He knows of what he speaks. Forrest will return in good time. Please don't try and speculate the reasons. Forrest is a valued member of this forum and he's a talented craftsman. We all need to be careful of what we say to others. Some are greatly more sensitive than others.