My First Project

Forum for people who are new to woodworking. Feel free to ask questions or contribute.

Moderators: HopefulSSer, admin

krusty
Gold Member

My First Project

Post by krusty »

I was finally able to make something with my new Mark 7. I had small issue, which Shopsmith took care of, fix arrived today. It's not much of a project but now I can drill my pen blanks faster and easier with this jig. Plus I was able to use the t-nuts with studs I ordered by mistake. I do need to make an under cabinet for all the accessories, working out of cardboard box now.
Attachments
abc - 1.jpg
abc - 1.jpg (110.65 KiB) Viewed 3297 times
abc - 1 (2).jpg
abc - 1 (2).jpg (90.72 KiB) Viewed 3297 times
abc - 1 (1).jpg
abc - 1 (1).jpg (99.09 KiB) Viewed 3297 times
Last edited by krusty on Thu May 21, 2015 3:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Beave2012
Platinum Member

Re: My First Project

Post by Beave2012 »

Is that drill press vice with t-bolts to hold it into place?

I want to try a pen turning one day, for now I have to build my wife stuff to justify my tool purchases. Lol

As for the cabinet if you want ideas I posted mine (as my first project as well) not long ago, so if you need plans or ideas take a look. And as always, post pictures☺
-Beave
krusty
Gold Member

Post by krusty »

Yes, a centering drill vise I use for drilling pen blanks. Once I have it centered, I can drill different sizes and the hole will be centered. I will check out your project.
tdubnik
Platinum Member

Post by tdubnik »

An appropriate and very nice first project. The more woodworking you do the more jigs and fixtures you will build.