casement window adapter

This is a forum for intermediate to advanced woodworkers. Show off your projects or share your ideas.

Moderators: HopefulSSer, admin

eggontea
Silver Member

Re: casement window adapter

Post by eggontea »

I can see that the labourer had plans to screw the exhaust in around more than just two edges, but the brittle nature of the plastic wouldn't allow for it. as a result I felt that I should tape the edges to make it more secure (even though it had teeth the other end) and to distribute the pulling forces on it, as well as to make sure all the hot air was going outside of the room.
Attachments
<untitled> copy.png
<untitled> copy.png (1.43 MiB) Viewed 5184 times
eggontea
Silver Member

Post by eggontea »

Here the layered tape, can't do without this stuff, it's so useful for so many things!
Attachments
<untitled> copy 3.png
<untitled> copy 3.png (1.32 MiB) Viewed 5184 times
JPG
Platinum Member

Post by JPG »

And how does one remove it with the driven in screws?
╔═══╗
╟JPG ╢
╚═══╝

Goldie(Bought New SN 377425)/4" jointer/6" beltsander/12" planer/stripsander/bandsaw/powerstation /Scroll saw/Jig saw /Craftsman 10" ras/Craftsman 6" thicknessplaner/ Dayton10"tablesaw(restoredfromneighborstrashpile)/ Mark VII restoration in 'progress'/ 10
E[/size](SN E3779) restoration in progress, a 510 on the back burner and a growing pile of items to be eventually returned to useful life. - aka Red Grange
eggontea
Silver Member

Post by eggontea »

Only joking.
rpd
Platinum Member

Post by rpd »

eggontea wrote:I bit the bullet and decided that I had to screw it in. Thinking ahead I got the labourer to drill holes around the edges of the perspex anyway, for a future time, luckily! I smacked those screws (yea, I'm the type of person who hammers screws) into the frame, I just don't think that much of my landlord anyway, this is London after all.
JPG wrote:And how does one remove it with the driven in screws?
That brings back memories of Mr. Merrilees, my high school woodwork teacher. :D
He would pound screws in with a hammer, he called it an "American screwdriver" (not to be confused with a "Yankee screwdriver").
The threads make them hold like a ring nail, remove with a screwdriver as per normal.
Ron Dyck
==================================================================
10ER #23430, 10ER #84609, 10ER #94987,two SS A-34 jigsaws for 10ER.
1959 Mark 5 #356595 Greenie, SS Magna Jointer, SS planer, SS bandsaw, SS scroll saw (gray), DC3300,