Help Mark V50th annv.value?church sale

Moderators: HopefulSSer, admin

dusty
Platinum Member

Post by dusty »

skou wrote:Hey, are you 2 hijacking a thread? :D

Besides Dusty, a Valiant isn't worth that much. :eek: :D

steve
Yes we are. After all, this is the Community section.

A matter of opinion??? Would that be sorta like me saying that a 10E is not worth much.
"Making Sawdust Safely"
Dusty
Sent from my Dell XPS using Firefox.
wbenedi
Silver Member

Thanks

Post by wbenedi »

All of the help is greatly appreciated. I will put it on craigslist list tomorrow morning for $1600 and try to stay real close to that. I will update and let you know how it goes.
JPG
Platinum Member

Post by JPG »

You have some serious competition at a third of your asking price.

Do push the "new out of box condition"!!!!
╔═══╗
╟JPG ╢
╚═══╝

Goldie(Bought New SN 377425)/4" jointer/6" beltsander/12" planer/stripsander/bandsaw/powerstation /Scroll saw/Jig saw /Craftsman 10" ras/Craftsman 6" thicknessplaner/ Dayton10"tablesaw(restoredfromneighborstrashpile)/ Mark VII restoration in 'progress'/ 10
E[/size](SN E3779) restoration in progress, a 510 on the back burner and a growing pile of items to be eventually returned to useful life. - aka Red Grange
ddub

Post by ddub »

Push that it is for charity also.

Some people will open up a bit for that.

To get a new one for $1600 would be a pretty good deal in the long run I would think.
dusty
Platinum Member

Post by dusty »

A brand new (in the box) Mark V Model 510 for $2000 today is a steal.

If it was coming direct from the factory floor, no one would argue with that statement.

This is a brand new Mark V Model 510 and until you are aware of the serial number you have no way of telling that it is not coming direct from the factory floor.

Well, that is probably not true. Shopsmith does not seem to be quite as proud of what is in those boxes as they once were. The boxes that my equipment came in were very distinctive; those boxes screamed out "Shopsmith".

The last Shopsmith box that I received was just a big heavy box.

Yes, $2000 would be a steal.
"Making Sawdust Safely"
Dusty
Sent from my Dell XPS using Firefox.
skou
Platinum Member

Post by skou »

dusty wrote:Yes we are. After all, this is the Community section.

A matter of opinion??? Would that be sorta like me saying that a 10E is not worth much.
Dusty, you know I was joking about BOTH of those comments, don't you?

I've had almost as many Valiants as ERs, AND a 67 fastback Barracuda, that I got because an old roommate wouldn't pay his rent. (I didn't have a title, though.) Traded it straight across, for a 72 240Z. (Wish I still had both, or either, of those cars!)

steve
10 ER, stripped down.
Basic 10ER, Parts machine. Will be a semi-dedicated drill-press machine.
10 ER, a "survivor" of the trailer fire, in the back yard, needing restoration. Has a Mk5 headrest. Finally, stripped down.
Numerous parts, for Model 10 stuff. Except for lower saw guard, A and B adapters, I've got it.

Looking for one more, or some 9 inch extension table raisers.
lightnin
Platinum Member

Post by lightnin »

Is this located at the church? It's just human nature to wanna fiddle with stuff. That could be a problem people just wanna turn that speed control knob!
You should try to prevent that somehow.
Bruce

I didn't know what a Shopsmith was...
Three days later I owned one...
One week later I was rebuilding one...
Four months later I owned two....
Ok Ok, I'm up to four now...
JPG
Platinum Member

Post by JPG »

lightnin wrote:Is this located at the church? It's just human nature to wanna fiddle with stuff. That could be a problem people just wanna turn that speed control knob!
You should try to prevent that somehow.

Thou shalt not touch the speed control knob!!!!!:D
╔═══╗
╟JPG ╢
╚═══╝

Goldie(Bought New SN 377425)/4" jointer/6" beltsander/12" planer/stripsander/bandsaw/powerstation /Scroll saw/Jig saw /Craftsman 10" ras/Craftsman 6" thicknessplaner/ Dayton10"tablesaw(restoredfromneighborstrashpile)/ Mark VII restoration in 'progress'/ 10
E[/size](SN E3779) restoration in progress, a 510 on the back burner and a growing pile of items to be eventually returned to useful life. - aka Red Grange
Gene Howe
Platinum Member

Post by Gene Howe »

&quot wrote:Thou shalt not touch the speed control knob!!!!!:D

To that I say AMEN
Gene

'The true soldier fights not because he hates what is in front of him, but because he loves what is behind him.' G. K. Chesterton
fjimp
Platinum Member

Post by fjimp »

Gene Howe wrote:To that I say AMEN
Please forgive the pun but I cannot get my mind around a galloping ghost slowing down enough to turn a speed control. Jim
F. Jim Parks
Lakewood, Colorado:)

When the love of power is replaced by the power of love the world will have a chance for survival.