getting older

Moderators: HopefulSSer, admin

STB
Gold Member

Arms getting shorter

Post by STB »

wa2crk wrote:Some time ago someone told me that as you get older your body goes through a lot of changes. A few days ago I realized that this is true. I dropped a few screws on the shop floor and when I tried to pick them up I couldn't reach the floor. I have come to the conclusion that I am getting taller as I age and the floor is now too far away!!!!:D
Bill V
I know for sure that I am not getting any taller but I think my arms are getting shorter.

Last year I broke the handle on my shop dust pan. Since I think my arms are getting shorter I made a little modification to the handle. The modified dust pan did double duty helping picking up the miscellaneous dropped object.
One day the dust pan disappeared. To my surprise it showed up in the garage and SWMBO refuses to give it back.

When I was a wee lad my grandfather told me those mysterious unidentified noises were caused when he stepped on a frog. I remember looking in vain for the frogs. Now I find that they have invaded again and I still haven't seen one.

[ATTACH]26204[/ATTACH]
Attachments
IMG_0675 (800x561).jpg
IMG_0675 (800x561).jpg (386.04 KiB) Viewed 3047 times
Glenn
I create problem solving challenges and opportunities for design modification, not mistakes.

SS 520 born 04/16/03, Power Station mounted Band saw , Scroll saw, Jointer, Belt sander, Overarm router, dedicated Mark V drill press, SS Maxi-clamp system, Shopsmith woodworking bench
joedw00
Platinum Member

Post by joedw00 »

Stumpbuster wrote:

[ATTACH]26204[/ATTACH]
Nice idea. Would not have to bend over so far.
Joe

520, Bandsaw, Beltsander, Delta Drill Press, Delta Lathe, Craftsman Planner/Jointer, Delta Planner, Mini "Greenie" Shorty 500

Being a VETERAN is an honor
Being a GRANDPA is priceless
Gene Howe
Platinum Member

Post by Gene Howe »

Here is my favorite dust pan.

[ATTACH]26205[/ATTACH]
Attachments
dust pan.jpg
dust pan.jpg (5.08 KiB) Viewed 3021 times
Gene

'The true soldier fights not because he hates what is in front of him, but because he loves what is behind him.' G. K. Chesterton
"Wild Bad Bob"
Platinum Member

Post by "Wild Bad Bob" »

First you do "Not" bend at the back, you "bend at the knees/squat"2nd after 3 Ms all is loose!!!
Measure once, cut as many times as needed to get it right! Bob
56/57 Greenie with jointer, 85 Mark V with band saw, 63 Goldie with jointer, 3 ER 10s, 1951 vintage, Hernia from the Er 10s, Tool Shop SS clone 6" jointer, and 6" belt sander, Delta 10" TS, Buffalo 6" jointer, Craftsman 12" BS, 10" Ryobi planer. Compound Miter, and misc.
JPG
Platinum Member

Post by JPG »

&quot wrote:First you do "Not" bend at the back, you "bend at the knees/squat"2nd after 3 Ms all is loose!!!
I really feel sorry for all you 'early' old timers!:D
╔═══╗
╟JPG ╢
╚═══╝

Goldie(Bought New SN 377425)/4" jointer/6" beltsander/12" planer/stripsander/bandsaw/powerstation /Scroll saw/Jig saw /Craftsman 10" ras/Craftsman 6" thicknessplaner/ Dayton10"tablesaw(restoredfromneighborstrashpile)/ Mark VII restoration in 'progress'/ 10
E[/size](SN E3779) restoration in progress, a 510 on the back burner and a growing pile of items to be eventually returned to useful life. - aka Red Grange
fjimp
Platinum Member

The Cube my favored Getter Upper

Post by fjimp »

I made my first 12" cube in 1970 at the request of my Mother. As a rather short aging woman she wanted a means to reach kitchen cabinets. I have made many over the years. Kids and Grand kids love them, Women who lack vertical stature like them. My most recent versions are made using box joints. A bit of a challenge but fun. Oh yes they allow me to return to a vertical position after groveling on the shop floor. Jim
Attachments
cube view2.jpg
cube view2.jpg (278.76 KiB) Viewed 2921 times
top view.jpg
top view.jpg (143.68 KiB) Viewed 2910 times
F. Jim Parks
Lakewood, Colorado:)

When the love of power is replaced by the power of love the world will have a chance for survival.
fjimp
Platinum Member

Cube 2nd Try

Post by fjimp »

Here are the pictures. Sorry Dusty I hope this round works. Incidentally the wood is red oak. Jim
Attachments
cube.jpg
cube.jpg (44.71 KiB) Viewed 2913 times
top view.jpg
top view.jpg (35.73 KiB) Viewed 2907 times
F. Jim Parks

When the love of power is replaced by the power of love the world will have a chance for survival.
joedw00
Platinum Member

Post by joedw00 »

fjimp wrote:I made my first 12" cube in 1970 at the request of my Mother. As a rather short aging woman she wanted a means to reach kitchen cabinets. I have made many over the years. Kids and Grand kids love them, Women who lack vertical stature like them. My most recent versions are made using box joints. A bit of a challenge but fun. Oh yes they allow me to return to a vertical position after groveling on the shop floor. Jim
Link did not work.
[ATTACH]26216[/ATTACH]
Attachments
Capture.PNG
Capture.PNG (18 KiB) Viewed 2981 times
Joe

520, Bandsaw, Beltsander, Delta Drill Press, Delta Lathe, Craftsman Planner/Jointer, Delta Planner, Mini "Greenie" Shorty 500

joedw00
Platinum Member

Post by joedw00 »

That one worked.
Joe

fjimp
Platinum Member

Post by fjimp »

Third try, I am becoming convinced Win 8 is a bad joke.
Attachments
top viewsm.jpg
top viewsm.jpg (35.73 KiB) Viewed 2914 times
F. Jim Parks