time for a little laugh

Moderators: HopefulSSer, admin

charlese
Platinum Member

time for a little laugh

Post by charlese »

The Haircut
One day a florist went to a barber for a haircut. After the cut, he asked about his
bill, and the barber replied, 'I cannot accept money from you, I'm doing community
service this week.'
The florist was pleased and left the shop. When the barber went to open his shop the
next morning, there was a 'thank you' card and a dozen roses waiting for him at his
door.
Later, a cop comes in for a haircut, and when he tries to pay his bill, the barber
again replied, 'I cannot accept money from you , I'm doing community service this week.'
The cop was happy and left the shop. The next morning when the barber went to open up,
there was a 'thank you' card and a dozen donuts waiting for him at his door.

Then a Congressman came in for a haircut, and when he went to pay his bill, the barber
again replied, 'I cannot accept money from you. I'm doing community service this week.'
The Congressman was very happy and left the shop. The next morning, when the barber
went to open up, there were a dozen Congressmen lined up waiting for a free haircut.
And that, my friends, illustrates the fundamental difference between the citizens of
our country and the politicians who run it.
REMEMBER POLITICIANS AND DIAPERS SHOULD BE CHANGED OFTEN AND FOR THE SAME REASON
Octogenarian's have an earned right to be a curmudgeon.
Chuck in Lancaster, CA
JPG
Platinum Member

Post by JPG »

I will try to change our senior senator.;)
╔═══╗
╟JPG ╢
╚═══╝

Goldie(Bought New SN 377425)/4" jointer/6" beltsander/12" planer/stripsander/bandsaw/powerstation /Scroll saw/Jig saw /Craftsman 10" ras/Craftsman 6" thicknessplaner/ Dayton10"tablesaw(restoredfromneighborstrashpile)/ Mark VII restoration in 'progress'/ 10
E[/size](SN E3779) restoration in progress, a 510 on the back burner and a growing pile of items to be eventually returned to useful life. - aka Red Grange
db5
Platinum Member

Post by db5 »

charlese wrote:Octogenarian's have an earned right to be a curmudgeon.
You didn't earn the right you just lived long enough. However, the decision is still yours and from what I've read of your posts you are a long way from being a cantankerous and ill tempered person. Give it a few more years and you may get there if you really want to.
A day without CNN & MSNBC is like a day without anthrax.
db5
Platinum Member

Post by db5 »

[quote="JPG40504"]I will try to change our senior senator.]

Do you remember what your mama said when you were a wee wee tot? Don't try try - do do.
A day without CNN & MSNBC is like a day without anthrax.
JPG
Platinum Member

Post by JPG »

db5 wrote:Do you remember what your mama said when you were a wee wee tot? Don't try try - do do.
I will do do do all I can, but there be folks here(KY) with differing opinions.:eek:

When I was a tot, wee wee was long past.:D

Or did you mean something else by do do?
╔═══╗
╟JPG ╢
╚═══╝

Goldie(Bought New SN 377425)/4" jointer/6" beltsander/12" planer/stripsander/bandsaw/powerstation /Scroll saw/Jig saw /Craftsman 10" ras/Craftsman 6" thicknessplaner/ Dayton10"tablesaw(restoredfromneighborstrashpile)/ Mark VII restoration in 'progress'/ 10
E[/size](SN E3779) restoration in progress, a 510 on the back burner and a growing pile of items to be eventually returned to useful life. - aka Red Grange
charlese
Platinum Member

Post by charlese »

db5 wrote:You didn't earn the right you just lived long enough. However, the decision is still yours and from what I've read of your posts you are a long way from being a cantankerous and ill tempered person. Give it a few more years and you may get there if you really want to.
Thanks for the good words, but it seems time to give a real definition of a curmudgeon.

Curmudgeons are falsely believed to be grumpy old men, along the lines of Walter Matthau or Andy Rooney. The truth is we can be any gender or any age. Curmudgeons are supremely independent thinkers, wise, and have excellent senses of humor!

Curmudgeons are mockers and debunkers who can't manage the suspension of disbelief necessary for feigned cheerfulness. Their awareness is a curse. They not only refuse to applaud mediocrity, they howl it down with morose glee. Their versions of the truth unsettle us, and we hold it against them, even though they soften it with humor. They dislike absurdity and possess the temerity to say so. A curmudgeon's reputation for malevolence is undeserved. They're neither warped nor evil at heart. They don't hate mankind, just mankind's absurdities.

Plagiarized from a wikyHow definition
"How to Become a Full Fledged Curmudgeon"
Edited by Drjoanie, DifuWu, Teresa, BR and 1 other

Also, in part, a description by JON WINOKUR

One more thing; becoming aged, passing, sometimes struggling, through life's challenges to get there, certainly provides the know how to continue on without fear. This knowledge in earned - not just waiting there for age to gather it up.
Octogenarian's have an earned right to be a curmudgeon.
Chuck in Lancaster, CA
rjent
Platinum Member

Post by rjent »

becoming aged, passing, sometimes struggling, through life's challenges to get there, certainly provides the know how to continue on without fear. This knowledge in earned - not just waiting there for age to gather it up.
Amen. :D
Dick
1965 Mark VII S/N 407684
1951 10 ER S/N ER 44570 -- Reborn 9/16/14
1950 10 ER S/N ER 33479 Reborn July 2016
1950 10 ER S/N ER 39671
1951 jigsaw X 2
1951 !0 ER #3 in rebuild
500, Jointer, Bsaw, Bsander, Planer
2014 Mark 7 W/Lift assist - 14 4" Jointer - DC3300
And a plethora of small stuff .....

"The trouble with quotes on the Internet is that you can never know if they are genuine." - Benjamin Franklin
JPG
Platinum Member

Post by JPG »

rjent wrote:Amen. :D

So mote it be!!!!!
╔═══╗
╟JPG ╢
╚═══╝

flashbacpt
Gold Member

Time for a little laugh

Post by flashbacpt »

Besides........and............more important.....we have EARNED THE RIGHT to be that way! Well Said, Chuck!

FlashbacPT