BigPrint

Moderators: HopefulSSer, admin

steve4447
Gold Member

BigPrint

Post by steve4447 »

I think that this is just brilliant....To be able to photogreph an item and be able to print accurate fullscale tamplates and drawings...And all on the printer that you already own too..

http://woodgears.ca/bigprint/index.html
JPG
Platinum Member

Post by JPG »

steve4447 wrote:I think that this is just brilliant....To be able to photogreph an item and be able to print accurate fullscale tamplates and drawings...And all on the printer that you already own too..

http://woodgears.ca/bigprint/index.html
Interesting 'sales' approach. All the functions for evaluation, but printouts are essentially useless in the 'trial' version.
╔═══╗
╟JPG ╢
╚═══╝

Goldie(Bought New SN 377425)/4" jointer/6" beltsander/12" planer/stripsander/bandsaw/powerstation /Scroll saw/Jig saw /Craftsman 10" ras/Craftsman 6" thicknessplaner/ Dayton10"tablesaw(restoredfromneighborstrashpile)/ Mark VII restoration in 'progress'/ 10
E[/size](SN E3779) restoration in progress, a 510 on the back burner and a growing pile of items to be eventually returned to useful life. - aka Red Grange
steve4447
Gold Member

Post by steve4447 »

Yes but you do get to see that it will work on your system before you buy it....

Ask Microsoft for that....And he's not selling it for an arm and a leg...Like he says in the pitch...Less than the price of a printer cartridge...

Unfortunatly for me.... Matthias said in his answer to me..That he didn't know if it would work in Linux?..As he hadn't tried...
forrestb
Platinum Member

handy program

Post by forrestb »

I printed full size templates of my Quilt Rack legs using the Page Setup feature in SketchUp, but it wastes a lot of paper to get the useful pages that have printing - most are blank. I did mine in black only. Haven't had a colored template, his reducing the color in broad sections is a nice feature.

Now if he just knew Mac programing. :(
Forrest
Huntington Beach, CA
1985 500->510->520, bandsaw, jointer, planer, PowerPro, double-tilt, 3" casters,(now obsolete) speed increaser
reddog5362
Gold Member

Post by reddog5362 »

Wood gears is one of my regular woodworking sites. If you get a chance check out his all wood pipe organ using a vacuum cleaner motor for the air supply. He does some neat stuff.
JPG
Platinum Member

Post by JPG »

steve4447 wrote:Yes but you do get to see that it will work on your system before you buy it....

Ask Microsoft for that....And he's not selling it for an arm and a leg...Like he says in the pitch...Less than the price of a printer cartridge...

Unfortunatly for me.... Matthias said in his answer to me..That he didn't know if it would work in Linux?..As he hadn't tried...
So download the 'trial' version and 'try' it.
╔═══╗
╟JPG ╢
╚═══╝

Goldie(Bought New SN 377425)/4" jointer/6" beltsander/12" planer/stripsander/bandsaw/powerstation /Scroll saw/Jig saw /Craftsman 10" ras/Craftsman 6" thicknessplaner/ Dayton10"tablesaw(restoredfromneighborstrashpile)/ Mark VII restoration in 'progress'/ 10
E[/size](SN E3779) restoration in progress, a 510 on the back burner and a growing pile of items to be eventually returned to useful life. - aka Red Grange
steve4447
Gold Member

Post by steve4447 »

forrestb wrote:I printed full size templates of my Quilt Rack legs using the Page Setup feature in SketchUp, but it wastes a lot of paper to get the useful pages that have printing - most are blank. I did mine in black only. Haven't had a colored template, his reducing the color in broad sections is a nice feature.

Didn't you use or try the option to save ink and only print the pages that you needed?...As I understand the demo...you only print the selected pages that you want or need??
steve4447
Gold Member

Post by steve4447 »

JPG40504 wrote:So download the 'trial' version and 'try' it.

I did just that and sadly I couldn't get it to work for me...That's when I Checked with Matthias Wandel and he immediately responded ...Much like so many of you... he is very generous with his time and knowledge and wisdom and experience....
JPG
Platinum Member

Post by JPG »

steve4447 wrote:Didn't you use or try the option to save ink and only print the pages that you needed?...As I understand the demo...you only print the selected pages that you want or need??
Key word in his post was -

Sketchup!]forrestb[/B]
I printed full size templates of my Quilt Rack legs using the Page Setup feature in SketchUp, but it wastes a lot of paper to get the useful pages that have printing - most are blank. I did mine in black only. Haven't had a colored template, his reducing the color in broad sections is a nice feature.

╔═══╗
╟JPG ╢
╚═══╝

JPG
Platinum Member

Post by JPG »

steve4447 wrote:I did just that and sadly I couldn't get it to work for me...That's when I Checked with Matthias Wandel and he immediately responded ...Much like so many of you... he is very generous with his time and knowledge and wisdom and experience....
And from one who appears so young!

Yes I am jealous!!!:D

Also of a couple of old farts here!

I know, If I did not spend so much time here I could accomplish much more, but It would not likely look as good!;)
╔═══╗
╟JPG ╢
╚═══╝