What is it?

Moderators: HopefulSSer, admin

redleg
Gold Member

What is it?

Post by redleg »

Picked up this Shopsmith Mark V serial number 002230 510 with 520 upgrade today and under table cabinet filled with enough accessories to last a long time. Included Jul 25 1999 scroll saw, a jointer, a bandsaw, and a dust collector. Originally posted for a $1000 on craigslist but got it down to $500 via email before I went to look at it. Was going to try to get for less but didn't have the heart when I saw what was there. Needs a little pre-use maintenance and clean off a little dust but overall excellent condition. I think it might have originally been purchased in Wyoming. I got a weird dust collector part with it if someone could help identify? The one in the picture with the Shop notes binders.

[ATTACH]21611[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]21612[/ATTACH]
Attachments
IMG_20130527_174540 (600x450).jpg
IMG_20130527_174540 (600x450).jpg (77.22 KiB) Viewed 1921 times
IMG_20130527_174646 (600x450).jpg
IMG_20130527_174646 (600x450).jpg (84.38 KiB) Viewed 1926 times
joshh
Platinum Member

Post by joshh »

Wow! You stole that :D
redleg
Gold Member

Post by redleg »

I felt bad all of the way home but mostly because we took my wife's Hyundai Santa Fe and I had a time getting it all in.
JPG
Platinum Member

Post by JPG »

Why does everything look green all of a sudden?:rolleyes:

Nice 'find'!:cool:

Weird dc thingy - I dunno, but maybe part of a brand x planer?
╔═══╗
╟JPG ╢
╚═══╝

Goldie(Bought New SN 377425)/4" jointer/6" beltsander/12" planer/stripsander/bandsaw/powerstation /Scroll saw/Jig saw /Craftsman 10" ras/Craftsman 6" thicknessplaner/ Dayton10"tablesaw(restoredfromneighborstrashpile)/ Mark VII restoration in 'progress'/ 10
E[/size](SN E3779) restoration in progress, a 510 on the back burner and a growing pile of items to be eventually returned to useful life. - aka Red Grange
redleg
Gold Member

Post by redleg »

JPG40504 wrote:Why does everything look green all of a sudden?:rolleyes:

Nice 'find'!:cool:

Weird dc thingy - I dunno, but maybe part of a brand x planer?
Thanks, I was thinking along that line also because of the length. I couldn't find anything on the shopsmith site in the accessories that it looked close to and there weren't any part numbers on it that I could find.
BuckeyeDennis
Platinum Member

Post by BuckeyeDennis »

Watergate does not bother bother me. Does your conscience bother you? Tell the truth. Sweet home Alabama ...

Great steal! Time to download some Lynyrd Skynyrd music now ... this Southern-bred-and-raised old boy had to Google those lyrics just now, to connect the lyrics with the melody running through my head.
JPG
Platinum Member

Post by JPG »

BuckeyeDennis wrote:Watergate does not bother bother me. Does your conscience bother you? Tell the truth. Sweet home Alabama ...

Great steal! Time to download some Lynyrd Skynyrd music now ... this Southern-bred-and-raised old boy had to Google those lyrics just now, to connect the lyrics with the melody running through my head.
I noticed you left 'good' out of 'good old boy'!:D
╔═══╗
╟JPG ╢
╚═══╝

Goldie(Bought New SN 377425)/4" jointer/6" beltsander/12" planer/stripsander/bandsaw/powerstation /Scroll saw/Jig saw /Craftsman 10" ras/Craftsman 6" thicknessplaner/ Dayton10"tablesaw(restoredfromneighborstrashpile)/ Mark VII restoration in 'progress'/ 10
E[/size](SN E3779) restoration in progress, a 510 on the back burner and a growing pile of items to be eventually returned to useful life. - aka Red Grange
BuckeyeDennis
Platinum Member

Post by BuckeyeDennis »

JPG40504 wrote:I noticed you left 'good' out of 'good old boy'!:D
You made me think about that one for a few minutes. At first, I thought it was just an oversight. Then I remembered a few "good" ole boys that creeped me out as a kid. Like the one that embezzled money from my dad's business. And the one that moonlighted as the Grand Wizard of the local chapter of the Knights of the Ku Klux Klan.

"Good" can be a seriously abused word in certain space-time continuums. But I am male, and I be no longer a spring chicken. Plain "old boy" it is! :)
shipwright
Platinum Member

Post by shipwright »

The part reminds me a lot of the dust collection fitting for my Akeda dovetail jig.
It isn't exactly like it so it likely isn't Akeda but maybe another like kind of router jig.... ???

http://www.thejigstore.com/product_deta ... prod&ii=42

Paul M
Paul M ........ The early bird gets the worm but the second mouse gets the cheese
nutball
Gold Member

Post by nutball »

Congrats on a great deal!:)