Mark 2

Forum for Maintenance and Repair topics. Feel free to ask questions or contribute.

Moderators: HopefulSSer, admin

sunset22
Gold Member

Mark 2

Post by sunset22 »

Hello

I picked up a mark 2. I thought that SS had a pdf file available. I am sure they don't sell any parts for it, except those that are the same as the mark v. Any help on a manual would be great.

Sunset22
wiredone
Gold Member

Post by wiredone »

I'm parting mine out if there is anything you need for it. send me a PM
www.wirewerkes.com
Hiding in a Joshua Tree.
sunset22
Gold Member

Post by sunset22 »

Thanks

Do you have a manuel you could send me a copy of. The unit is pretty good overall as far as rust is concerned. The bearings are dried out. I am thinking of just squirting in some bearing lubercant for now. It did not come with much for attachments. Just a 5/8 arbor, and a partial lathe rest. It is missing the tube. I paid 60 for it and a bandsaw that needs some work. My wife was not happy that I spent more money on another shopsmith. I am not sure what holds the bearings in on the housing. there is a lot of grease oil. I have not had the time to clean it up yet. I removed the belt and pluged it in. The motor runs fine. I think it would make a nice mini station for a jig saw. Not sure that I want to cut it up.

Sunset22
wiredone
Gold Member

Post by wiredone »

never had a manual for mine.
It's pretty simple, alot more so than a mark 5.
There's a setscrew that holds in the quill, and the 2 top screws under the pulley are all that keep the drive shaft and bearings in the housing.
Real simple.
www.wirewerkes.com
Hiding in a Joshua Tree.
oddie
Gold Member

Post by oddie »

Sunset22, see your PMs
Have a safe day!

Oddie

510(upgraded 500), 500, 10ER, power station, belt sander, bandsaw, jointer, SS compressor, jigsaw, dust collector